12cm "mass" on right ovary

Posted , 7 users are following.

First, thanks to everyone who has posted their story. I have just spent about 2 days reading through every discussion, which has helped.

I am in Canada and newly diagnosed with a 12cm "mass" on right ovary. My Dr mentioned ovarian cancer when she called to tell me. It was discovered from a transvaginal ultrasound as my periods have been bad all my life but was recently getting some ovulation cramps and lower back pain that woudn't go away.

Just went for another ultrasound today at the hospital, should know tomorrow more about what is going on.

I'm 35 yrs old, no kids, no history of ovarian cancer in my family. But lots of other cancers. I consider myself to be pretty healthy - don't smoke or drink, and routinely exercise, eat organic, etc.

I am pretty mad at myself for not going in sooner, also really upset because my Dr seems to be thinking the worst and both ultrasound techs have seemed very, very serious by the end of my ultrasounds.

I was able to quickly glance on the screen after the one today and it looks to be black....which I read might mean fluid filled?

I went back to my Dr today to get laxatives as my bowels are not moving at all and I'm peeing constantly. Got the rest of the week off due to stress and being conspitated although Dr wanted me to go to work to get my mind off things. I told her I wasn't taking laxatives and going into work, LOL.

I am trying to remain positive but it's hard. My husband is petrified and will barely speak to me right now. I feel so lonely. I am a christian and have been praying constantly asking God to spare my life. I feel like that might be overdramatic but I am just so scared.

I am also worried because the techs and Dr have been acting so seriously. I have been refered to a gynecological surgeon but if they suspect cancer at all, which ask to be referred to a oncology gyno.

I appreciate any morale support as am feeling lonely with nobody really to talk to. I am praying and hoping for a postive outcome but am having bad mood swings and depression.

Thanks in advance smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bless you Laura - Lee,

I do feel for you and hope that everything works out well.

I'm 5 weeks post surgery for a Ovarian Tumour.3 different scans couldn't confirm what it was and with each scan it became more "concerning" It was 10cm and didn't appear to be like a Dermoid I'd had on the other Ovary 4 years ago.

However I have recently been given the all clear and it was a Germ Cell Tumour.Even the consultant said he was surprised as all blood work and scans were pointing out the danger signs.

Stay possitive,I know it's not easy.

I too was constipated and frequent urination plus dizzy spells and discomfort.

Keep us posted and wishing you all the best smile

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of your struggles. Though mine was not advanced, I too had a large mass on my ovary. Not one Dr said anything about what it could be. Had the mass and ovary removed in a laparotomy and it turned out to be very early cancer. They took it away and all tests have been fine. 

I was shocked as I had not had symptons. Felt low in energy for a few weeks before but it might have been anxiety and stress.

I know how you feel about being scared, its hard not to be sometimes. Do try and stay positive. Ovarian Cancer is quite rare, especially the more advanced stages.

DO NOT google anything, it will scare you. Find something you love to distract you.

Wishes and prayers. PM me if you ever want to chat

• Posted

Thinking of you Laura-lee - and praying for you too.

I am going for a tv ultrasound next week. I go every 6 months to monitor cysts and fibroids. Cysts run in the family but after what my mum went through with her hysterectomy I don't want to go down that route if I don't have to.

Four years ago my GP 'red-flagged' me for a consult. But after all sorts of tests and scans they are happy enough just to monitor things. I hope it is the same for you.

Just remember there is someone in charge of the whole situation. He won't let you down and you can talk to Him any time you want.

Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5v7

• Posted

Hi! I am in the exact same situation, almost. This waiting is agony and after comparing myself to alot of these women, my symptoms unfortunately are starting to become clearer. Best of wishes to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.