14 months on after spinal fusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had spinal surgery in aug 2014 ..been ok but last two weeks been very difficult getting about my pain is in left side of back and runs down my left leg with knumbness to my toes ..anyone know if this is normal ..?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes for a fusion that failed, sorry to say, that's what happened to be and I had to go for spinal cord stimulator, post op going on two weeks and we will see from there, take care and tell your Dr. Good luck cindy
  • Posted

Hi Ian, my husband had this after an injury, he hasn't had spinal fusion but a disectomy, and it sound the same symptoms as him, I think you may have a pinched nerve at L4-L5 as that is the nerve root that affects the leg and all the way down to the toes, especially big toe, he has no feeling at all.  Hope this is of some help.  Katy
  • Posted

Hello ian39390

sorry to hear about your continuous pain. I'm sure you have read my story very similar. October 2013 almost two years ago and I still can't walk without a cane for balance, and limited to 3 minutes before exhaustion. I feel my rods each morning when I get up. Still gave bilateral foot drop, numbness in both my legs and two months ago the tingling started on my feet. All this brought me to seeing a new surgeon who discovered a complete obstruction on my L1 after a ct Myelogram.  He said this choking of my nerve was causing most of these problems. I will be going in Wednesday October 7 th for removal of the laminate covering the Spinal cord at L1 level. I pray this may bring some relief. Will keep you posted. Just in case, ask your Dr. If a ct Myelogram would be helpful. 

• Posted

Sounds like me I had laminectomy and fusion surgery in December 2014 and I still have like pain and I'm now worried that the surgery may have been a failure! I am so frustrated! Stretches help but if o bend or move wrong my day is ruined! Hope you feel better soon!
    • Posted

Pam,

I am a failed fusion, so since 1999 that's why I decided to the SCS. 2 weeks post op and getting some relief but its gonna take some ups and downs until they find the right program. I hope you get to the end of the issues and pain relief.

Good luck

Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.