14 weeks post op.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well im now just over 14 weeks post op.Though i am back at work and mobility is better.

I have an ache just above the scar of my hip joint.it takes my breath away.Has anyone else felt this?i have been trying to reduce my painrelief but this ache doesnt seem to go?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am 6 weeks post (anterior) and still have a sharp pain at top of my leg, toward the outer side when I walk.  I can't put full weight on it without a cane  -- and even with a cane, it hurts too much to walk more than I must ...  Your pain sounds more achy, right?  Not a sharp pain with every step?
    • Posted

It is just a constant ache in the same place.I walk very well and am very mobile.Was just worried as to why im getting this ache?
  • Posted

It could be some kind of soft tissue injury. I'd be checking with my orthopedic surgeon, if it were me. It WAS me, as I had pain and continued inability to walk without a limp after my THR. I have a complication and will be having more surgery soon. For most people it's not that bad, and soft tissue pain usually goes away with rest, elevation and icing. I ended up having to go for a second opinion. Good luck getting this figured out!
  • Posted

Yes Micheal same here I have ache all the time really sore when I walk , GP sent me for more physio I am 1 year post op and pretty fed up with it,

mine is below of scar and down to my outer side  still on pain killers. 

I am seeing consultant 3rd June hoot to get answer GP thinks could be tendon. Thank god I am retired good not have gone back to work.

hope you get yours sorted Good luck.

Lorna

• Posted

Hi Michael, 

Not sure what to  tell you ...

it is possible that it is a soft tissue issue, like Annie mentions - or sticky scar tissue that is pulling - this can be broken up with a deep massage , but have it checked first - maybe an inflamed muscle - 

do you walk without a limp? what kind of a job do you have? is it going away after you had a good rest?

Maybe icepack or heat helps ... just guessing here - the best would be to have it checked - 

easy does it, okay - 14 weeks is still early in recovery from this major surgery ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Michael,

I have experienced sharp (needle like) pains in one end of the scar area, but a bit of extra (morning and night) massage with bio oil cured it fairly fast.

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post THR and I have a toothache like pain all around the hip area, this is troubling me a lot. I am worried that perhaps I am  doing to much? or am I not doing enough. I am walking outside daily with one stick and am still limping.
    • Posted

hi leither,

I am sorry to hear this. ...When will you have your follow up appointment?

are you taking pain medication?

not sure what to tell you. .Do you have physical therapy?

Big warm hug

Renee

• Posted

Renee, thanks, I have follow up in two weeks...still taking pain medications but nothing really helping.  No PT just doing exersizes that were recommended..

Regards

Leither

• Posted

Are you massaging the scar area at all yet?

At nearly 5 months post-revision I still get 'toothache in the buttock' when I have been sitting for a while.

• Posted

I was told by my PT to use rollator inside and outside until

I had my follow up appointment. .to prevent limping and keep my balance. .

also that it is better to go for short walks a couple of times a day than a long walk ...

• Posted

Hi Michael,

I don't have any pains on my new hip side, but have knee pain on the other leg and get burning on my knee and ankle, also bit pain now and again in the hip,that I was told would last 3 or 4yr. I think mine must be due to work, been back about a week and a half and the knee and ankle pains started about wednesday. Very frustrating when I had no pain before work but I suppose we are using different muscles.

I think you started work before me, I was 13 weeks. Are you managing ok at work? when do you get another check up? I go back in August.

• Posted

hi , went back to work at nearly 11 weeks and did full time from first day back.

my next check up is in september. mobility is great just wish this ache would go.i still get swollen feet everyday whether im at work or not.rolleyes

• Posted

Thought you did, it is good having more mobility though,maybe your aches will take time to go. My knees are ok today and I figured out the ankle pain, it's my shoes,to high at the back,causes tendonitis, rolleyes I've had the problem before, I have some shoe lifts somewhere.

I had loads of swelling for weeks, but not had any for a while now.You will have to get your feet up,when you need too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.