15 years old and I have mild memory loss, should I worry?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been suffering mild memory loss, like forgetting words or forgetting what something/someone is called. I'm really worried and it's really stressing me out. I have been really stressed recently, with exams and stuff and this is stressing me out and worrying me more, I do suffer from hypochondria and it's super hard not to think about it. My head always feels so tense and full because i'm so stressed and worried about it, I keep finding myself testing my memory and put a lot of pressure on myself, so I forget things. I have done multiple alzheimers tests etc and I've gotten fine on all of them, I just want to know that I'll be alright and that it isn't something bad. I think it might be caused by my stress and hypochondria, but I'm super worried. Please help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ben, I'm sure it's the stress that's causing it for you. The mind is a very powerful thing and when stressed it can play tricks on you. If you're worried go to your doctor so you can relax. Take care.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot, I really appreicate you taking the time to respond.
  • Posted

Hi Ben - Rhods took the words right out of my mouth! It's perfectly normal to get minor memory lapses like this when we're stressed, regardless of age. It happens to everyone. If you're still worried, you could always go to your doctor for a general check-up, but try to avoid going on antidepressants. Your doctor probably wouldn't prescribe them anyway but some doctors are a bit quick on the draw with the prescription pad and antidepressants aren't good for people of your age.

Good luck with your studies!

• Posted

Thank you, I appreicate you taking the time to respond. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.