16 days on fluoxetine...feeling scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on my 16th day taking 10 mg of fluoxetine. When I first started I felt I was doing a little better. Still felt anxious and nauseas in morning but descent throughout the day... I was taking .5 mg of ativan, (for about 10 days just in morning) which seemed to help but stopped taking them on Tues. Wed. was ok, went to doc for check up and a flu shot. Thursday I felt nauseas all day and very down. Fri and Sat have been worse, more anxiety, depression, no appetite. I feel like I'm pushing through the days. I started the med because I can't handle the anxiety, depression and panic attacks anymore. Hoping it gets better soon...

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hang in there peetle, things will get better wink im on week 9 on flouxetine and am feeling very good, have energy and happy to start my days!! I promise ull get there hang on wink
    • Posted

Thanks Vicki. Your post is very motivating. Its been so hard because my family and friends don't understand how I feel. I'm only on 10 mg my doc said I could up to 20mg. Should I or just wait and see if the 10 mg is good?
    • Posted

I know how you feel when friends and family don't understand, I would make up any excuse to not be around them bcuz I felt like they wouldn't understand what I was going thru and was afraid that Instead of helping me they would make me feel worse, so I relied on other friends that were very supportive to me as well as this site was very awesome!!! smile ull get better just don't be hard on itself and like someone told me on here 'be nice on urself' wink
  • Posted

Hi Peetle, yeah Vicki's right, it's just a matter of hanging on in there, I'm afraid - Fluoxetine is no quick fix! It took me until week 12 before I started to feel any real benefit, and I think that's backed up by a lot of folk on this website.  So until then, it's probably best to take each day as it comes, and to be kind and patient with yourself. One day at a time, yeah?

Anne x

• Posted

Hi Anne, yeah the waiting game is no fun. And I am very hard on myself. Keep thinking I'm just not trying hard enough to get through this. I think the hardest part is when I wake up every morning at the same time (usually at 6am) and feel uneasy, anxious and nauseas. It pretty much ruins the start of my day...
    • Posted

But you're not alone Peetle, and use this site.  That's the prob with Flu, you feel SOO much worse before you start to feel any benefits.  It's so damned slow.  I kept a brief (ie about a couple of lines) daily log for those first three months, so I could glance back and check for any progress. It did help; we think we remember accurately - but we don't. I also showed it to my GP when I went for a check up. This site is so supportive Peetle, so make sure you log in regularly.  Not sure if it will help, but I've always done a morning work-out three times a week (lounge floor - not a gym!) - like as soon as I'm up, and I reckon that helps - a few endophines or whatever.  You need to look after you, so try and build in some treats to look forward to, eh?

Hugs

Anne x

• Posted

Oooh - endoRphines - doh!! x
    • Posted

Oops sorry. Saw where you posted that it took 12 weeks.
  • Posted

I have been on flux for nearly 2 months and I feel back to my normal self. I went through exactly the same stuff yr through. It will subside after abt 3 - 4 weeks. Hang on in there, u will get better.

All the best

Deborah

• Posted

Having a rough morning. Woke up st 2 am. Felt like I was going to have a panic attack. Just tried to breath through it. Slept a bit longer. Up at 6am. Felt anxious, had chest pain and I felt very uneasy. Took an ativan. Slightly helping. Have to go to work soon. Hoping I can get through the day...
    • Posted

How did work go then?  Early days...  try and remember it will get better.

A x

• Posted

Work was actually not too bad. The stupid thoughts about anxiety and feeling like this forever would come and go. I really hope it gets better....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.