18 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone take 18 plus weeks to feel totally back to normal on this stuff?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am only on week 6 and I am beginning to have a few good days
    • Posted

Happy for you Pam, it's great to hear when people are getting better. I've had some really good days but some days (most days) the only way I can make it through the day is constant self-talk, just keep repeating to myself that it's getting better. Although, the self-talk is getting harder and harder since I'm so far along on this med and still not feeling great. I was hoping for some comments that it does actually take this long for some people to get better. Best of luck to you and I hope you only continue to go up from here💕

• Posted

yes i tok 8 months i think. Everytime i felt really good, a few months later i even felt better.
    • Posted

So what you're saying is it took you about 8 months to feel really good? If so, there's still hope for me.

• Posted

Ok my dr said if I was not better in 6 weeks it is time to do something else.almost everything I have read says setraline takes 8 weeks so what do you do
    • Posted

I feel listening to people who are on the medication is better because they are the ones with actual experience. I know some people who are better 4-6 weeks and some who are not better until 12 weeks, it all depends on your body. I'm 18 weeks in and I've never heard of anybody taking that long until I asked, which now gives me some hope. You said that you are seeing a difference, that means it is working and you will get there. Don't give up, you've got this Pam.

• Posted

Thank you Vanessa sometimes I wander.I have 2 kids one is only 5 and she doesn't understand it so hard to be so anxious and not be able to have fun with her

• Posted

My first bad time with anxiety, my two kids were 5 and 7 and it was terrible. All they knew was that mommy was sick a lot. I hated not enjoying them and giving them fun times. They may not understand what's going on but they know you still love them no matter what and really...isn't that the most important thing.

• Posted

Hey Vanessa I am so frustrated with this setraline as my anxiety is no better I am 1 week at my increased dose of 150 mg do you think this is going to work I am at 7 weeks altogether
    • Posted

I'm not sure Pam, I guess you should stay on it because it does take some people longer than others.

• Posted

I wish I had more encouragement for you today but I'm feeling kind of low myself lately.

• Posted

I feel like I can deal with it until the ativan starts wearing off and it all starts again so anyways I don't want to be addicted to ativan but what do I do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.