1st day on pregabalin - feel like a zombie

Posted , 15 users are following.

hi all, so today I took my first 75mg of pregabalin for anxiety. Feel totally spaced out, anyone been on pregabalin know if this feeling will go? If you had side effects how long did they last? 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

give it 7- 10  days that will pass
    • Posted

Thanks David,

I started today purposely as it's the half term school holidays so I have the week off, hopefully side effects will subside before I have to go back to work. 

• Posted

Well it's been a week on Pregabalin and I can say the zombie side effects have gone completely phewwww !!! Upping dose tomorrow so will see how that goes but and I'm saying this lightly, it does seem to be helping with anxiety symptoms. My heart palpitations have eased as has constant tight chest and lump in my throat. Still having anxious thoughts but def fewer and I'm really positive about the future benefits of this medication xx

• Posted

Hi, how are you getting on now? Be nice u hear your experience I hope it's still positive x

• Posted

I started taking 75 mg morning & night, with 37.5mg Venlafaxine for anxiety, 8 weeks ago, straight away fantastic, no anxiety.great. BUT now anxiety is back, & I cannot stay awake, hands always freezing cold, and sore throat. feel crap & dont know what to do.

• Posted

hi frinsey  the feeling  doe's even out eventually on low doses like that but has of effects i have taken lycra or pregabalin tabs for a little over 3 years and took the dosage up too the max 600mg aday but after 1 week of taking the amount i reduced the amount down to 400mg and then down to 200mg aday because of numness in the legs over a 3 year period if its for anxiety personally i would not go over 300mg aday and only try it for short term if your a keep fit person i would keep pregabalin down to a minimum and try exersice has a alternative .  hope this helps you.

• Posted

Yeah i on pregablin and i found it great for pain and for sleep

I did find I was extremely tired next day didn't seem

To shift for few days

• Posted

I assume you are not taking Rewisca the generic form of pregablin?

Rewisca didn't solve my pain or sleep problems after 2 weeks.

• Posted

Hey its my first day and I feel so spaced out.

How do they affect you know?

• Posted

Being spaced out is par for the course, and what you have mentioned is contained in a looooonggg list of adverse side effects.
  • Posted

If possible ask your GP for an alternative non opoide drug as Pregablin should come with a health warning.It is extremily addictive and the withdrawal symptoms are severe.
  • Posted

I have been given 150 pregabalin 3 times daily for severe anxiety along with fluoextine for depression. I was waking at 4 every morning before taking  pregabalin and anxiety kept me from sleeping etc. Started 150 yesterday, took one when I went to bed and slept till 9am, then fell asleep again till 1pm. But I feel totally spaced out and light headed. But anxiety pings I can sort of put them out of my mind.
  • Posted

Hi, I just took my first 150 pregabalin course and likewise woke up next day like a zombie, however, this slowly went away when I went out and about. It had also taken away my anxiety, albeit, I have been on fluoxetine for 3 weeks.

How did you get on with your problem. 

Thanks

• Posted

As I stated earlier. I was on 300mg of Pregablin daily for 16mths. after being hit by a van while I was on my bike.When I decided to come of the opiod that was when the problems of withdrawal happened.It took me 3months to rid my system of the drug and I was an experience I will never forget.Sometimes even the GP is not aware of the withdrawal problems so you may get better advice from your pharmasist. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.