1st time endoscopy and colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this site. Tomorrow morning I go in for endoscopy and colonoscopy. Needless to say I am rather apprehensive, although more thinking 'what if they find nothing?' My situation with vomiting, nausea, extreme burping, gas, tiredness has gone on for over a year and I am at my wits end. Several times admitted to hospital but thought it was all my endemetriosis related and had a second laparoscopy in Nov 15. I do not want there to be anything serious although to find some sort of cause!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Had both procedures done this morning. Several biopsies were taken and to have further small bowel MRI scan. Should I be worried?!??
    • Posted

No, not yet, the MRI is just - a posh way - to check out your intestines, they can't see inside those with an endoscopy or colonoscopy smile
    • Posted

Thanks Benny, I appreciate you coming back to me!!

Got myself in a little tizz. Upset that nothing was found but extremely grateful at the same time of course. I just know something is not quite right and have done for so long with the time I have felt so unwell and sore.

Was told biopsies are routine although after talking to few other women when I came out they had no biopsies but told they had diverticulitis. There must have been around ten biopsies taken from three different areas.

I know there is no point worrying until I get them back but keep thinking what will I do if there is no solution to all this mess or where I go next?!!!

• Posted

Biopsies from where, your stomach area or colon question smile
    • Posted

Oh,, well h.p would explain a lot of your complaints,, I wonder what they found interesting enough to biopsy in your colon smile
    • Posted

The nurse who read my report afterwards just said they will take all biopsies because of my symptoms but it still makes me wonder if anything was seen but I'm sure the consultant would have said they saw something suspicious? Or maybe not? 🤔
    • Posted

No consultants don't say anything until there is proof to support it, it stops (most) patients getting anxious smile
  • Posted

I saw my own GP today. She read over the report sent from consultant after my two procedures last week (I also have copy of report).

She did mention that my gut looked great and no signs of anything bad and said they checked my calprotectin and no signs of Crohns.

Can this still be picked up under the biopsies they took? Also if there was nothing showing untoward why did they take so many biopsies and ask for an MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.