2 Day Period???? What does that Mean??

Posted , 4 users are following.

My period came a few days early this month(11-04-2015wed) it started late that evening, and it was light, I just thought it was the beginning of my normal cycle(4-5days). The next day it flowed but not heavy as usual.... Friday night(11-06) it completely stopped on me????? Just pinkish brownish spotting???? Im regular with my periods like clockwork 4-5 days, im 24 years old & This has never happened to me.......... any ideas, ER ran test and ruled out emergencies so what could it be????

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

I would say that it was a one off and see what happens next month.

Everyone is different, sometimes i can be like that 2 days then others 4 days of full on torture.

sometimes our bodies change could be stress that caused it to be like that?

I am 29 and still have random early days and different flows each month. Nothing eveer stays the same with us girls.

I would monitor and see what happens if you are concerned a visit to your GP just to put your mind at ease maybe?

• Posted

Its the wait that's gonna kill me, I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old, so I first jumped to pregnancy...... lol with both my girls I had a full cycle and the next month it never came, that's how I found out, do u think I could be pregnant or its natural to once and a while have a 2 day period
    • Posted

hmm, okay that might be a possibility, could you take a test and see it should show up possibly.

• Posted

It can be because of  hormonal imbalance. The color of your period can reveal a lot about your hormonal health. Hormones are continuously changing during a four-week cycle, which can impact the color and consistency of your menstrual cycle. Women will typically experience one of the three color patterns during their period.

Women who shed  a light pink color appearance, it's usually a sign that estrogen levels are too low, which can lead to vaginal dryness, low libido, hair loss, and even fatigue. With women who have low estrogen levels, they experience patchy periods that come here and there, and are frequently late.

As far as I know a shift or imbalance in hormone levels is the main cause of light periods. Visit  gynecologist. Only your gynecologist can determine the true cause of you light period.

• Posted

Ok ill keep you posted, I'm sure I'm not the only woman who has went through or are going through this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.