2 piils of cipo,

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

1 moth ago I had information on my leg and it healed. 1 week ago myDr put me on Cipo 500mg for "guessing" testicle pain. I took 2 pillsonly, but not in the same day in like 3 days " 1 day in between". Now my knee problem is back also my hip is hurting " sudden notconscious". Also sudden pain in the thigh. can Cipo cause this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ray,

Yes, Cipro can cause this.  It can cause pain after a couple of tablets or a couple of courses.  Doctors should never prescribe such a strong and powerful antibiotic just on the basis of a guess!

You are probably lucky that you only took the two pills, but there are various things you should remember now:

Never take Cipro again - or any other fluoroquinolone (e.g. Levo) - make certain that you check if your prescribed something you're not sure about.

Don't take a NSAID (e.g. Ibuprofen) or a steroid as these can exacerbate the symptoms.

Don't try to exercise the pain away - you may do more damage.  Massageing gently with magnesium oil can help, or take magnesium tablets.

Do find out as much about Quinolone Toxicity Syndrome as you can.  A good place to start is the moderators thread on this site   

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/fluoroquinolone-toxicity-syndrome-427305 as he gives links to useful websites.  There are other threads about it, just click on Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics on the site map indicator (in brown,just above your post).

Good luck!

• Posted

i took 1 bill of Ibuprofen with cipo

and i have sudden sharp pain in my thigh, god i hope i can get over this month healthy

im in healthy diet trying to detox from this

• Posted

Hi Ray,  sorry to hear you took the Ibuprofen - but have yet to hear of a doctor who'd advise against it!

Have you had a chance to look at the link I gave you?  If you're in the UK I've set up a group with others to help 'victims' such as yourself with support and advice.  Our email and website addresses are incuded in the link, along with other useful sites (mainly US based).  Have a look at our website, especially the 'What's Next' page, and email us if you feel we may be of interest to you (if you're in the UK that is!).

Detox is a good start, especially trying to avoid alcohol and too much sugary food (both are poisons).  Magnesium supplements and Epsom salt baths should help with the pains.  Don't try and exercise to help the muscles - you may end up causing more damage.

• Posted

i will look into them. i still suffer from Urinary Tract Infection , or Epididymitis infection . i will know for sure in 3 days.

i have "blacklisted" 4 Antibiotics

1-Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 

2-Levofloxacin (Levaquin) 

3- Moxifloxacin (Avelox) 

is there anything else i should avoid?

4- Floxin/ofloxacin

• Posted

Yes, these are the main 4 available in the Uk (there's also Norfloxacin but I don't think it's used much).  What you need to know is that they are part of the Quinolone family of antibiotics (also called Fluoroquinolone, especially in the US).

Ofloxacin or Cipro are often prescribed for epididymitis so be warned.  If a doctor tries to prescribe them for you tell them you've had an adverse reaction as listed on the package insert, and that you can't take any more.  It's your body, so don't let them talk you into having one of these dreadful drugs.

Paracetamol is OK, but make sure you never take Ibuprofen (or any other NSAID) for pain. Also never take a steroid (such as prednisone).  Both of these can make your symptoms much worse.

Good luck!

• Posted

so i should avoid 1-Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) 

2-Levofloxacin (Levaquin) 

3- Moxifloxacin (Avelox) 

4- Floxin/ofloxacin

5- Ofloxacin

anything else?

since i will probbaly need antibiotics

• Posted

The problem with names is that there are also a lot of generic brand names.  You don't have to learn them all, just ask your doctor to check that he's not giving you a fluoroquinolone (this is the one name you need to remember!).  It will always say on the package leaflet what type and class of drug it is.  If your doctor isn't sure, he's not worthy of the title 'doctor'!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.