2 weeks on

Posted , 15 users are following.

Op done 2 weeks ago today everything was going well apart from bm problems. Tried to go without success this afternoon, had a shower and thought I was going to pass out I felt so bad. Back in bed with feet up, was going for a pub lunch too! Fed up now as I thought I was on the road to recovery

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried lactulose? I had a terrible time with BM, this was a god send to me, I'm 4+ weeks post op and still using it, no probs at all going and going regularly. 

Have you had posterior repair? 

Hope your feeling better soon xxxx

• Posted

Lactulose has been a godsend for me also. I have always struggled with BM before op I am now 3 weeks post op and going everyday but like you I thought I had turned a corner until last couple of days but I am now getting lots of rectal pain 
    • Posted

Hi Jill

Thank you for your reply and kind wishes X yes I had a anterior and posterior repair plus a perenium repair. I've tried lactulose, senakot, fybogel but seem to get pain with all of it , early days still X

• Posted

Yes still early days, this does seem to be a very common problem after this op!

Maybe you could try the glycerin suppository that 'bunky' reccomended. I've just looked at them on Amazon, the reviews are really good. Sound like they might work better/quicker for you. Hope so xx

• Posted

Hi Rosiepix

Have you tried lactulose,the hospital gave me some to bring home,worked great for me. Maybe the doc or hospital can help you get moving. Nothing worse than wanting to go and cant. I am 2 wks+ and had first bm on day two and go every day now. I just had one bm that was difficult and was like a ping pong ball shooting around my body. Hope you get sorted soon x

• Posted

If you really are struggling lactulose takes a little while to do its stuff so try using a glycerin suppository! They are gentle enough to use with no problems and will get you moving with BM that is low down in the rectum ! Helps relieve some of the pressure too !! Also remember 2 weeks is really early days ! You are on the road to recovery but body goes through real ups and downs during it ! We are also guilty of doing too much on days when we are feeling good ! Have to try and stay consistent with the rest you need over the next few weeks. Xx
  • Posted

I am three months post op and had the same problem...with so much pain I had to call the Dr. and I am still having difficulty. I wonder when this ends.
    • Posted

I'm still have trouble with BMs too and I am 13 weeks post op X
    • Posted

Not good as I will be due back to work after 12 weeks! Scary thought x
    • Posted

me too, had op 26 nov,  disappointed as hoped  for a improved life after repair.  Worried to eat if not 'been' for couple of days so take something and can't go out till I get a result!
    • Posted

That is a long time Pat ! Have you been to the doctors? Xx
  • Posted

Hi Rosie 

its always worse when you know you are going somewhere I have had quite afew awful situation s. I had to ring a friend on Friday to say don't pick me up I am stuck on the loo and it is so low down in my bowel I can do or think of anything else then it takes hours to get over it as it seems to upset everything.   I gave had a and p repair six weeks ago.   Went to the Drs yesterday and she gave me laxido sachets.   So far I am better with those xx

• Posted

Thanks Diane X yep at the moment I can't plan anything as you said you don't know when you'll be stuck on the loo. Also embarrassing to tell people that's the reason xxx
    • Posted

Yes definitely it's becomes a real trauma everyday but I was on 2 Senna at night which my dr says is a stimulant but I needed a softener to pass it easier.  Try laxido they have worked for me this last two days.  I had an awful weekend just gone so uncomfortable and it gets you down xx
    • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies X who'd be a woman eh! You think you have children give birth , bring them up worse is over! If only ! X
    • Posted

Just to reassure you I'm not in pain with my issues re BMs and have a good system going so could go back to work if I hadn't had to give up before having this op lol !! It does get a lot better I promise you !! You are very early days ! Each week you see an improvement xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.