21 year survivor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sister diagnosed 21 yrs ago. Neurologist says the MS has run it's course and no MS nodules are present. She has fluid in the brain which cannot be drained because she weighs 73 pounds (5'2\"wink. Study on MS was done in Colorado to look for endemic causes.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

MS doesn't 'run a course', you have it or you don't. it can be benign, which is very rare. MS causes lesions, rather than nodules  on the central nervous systems CNS (brain and spinal cord) myelin coating and, ultimately the CNS itself.

cerbrospinal fluid being at too high a pressure is horrible, i have horrendous headaches because of it, but it isn't related to my having MS..

• Posted

I'm sorry but I'm newly diagnosed. The MS caused your sister to be in this condition?
    • Posted

hi sonia,

hydrocephalus (abnormally high pressure build up of cerebrospinal fluid, CSF, around brain) isn't a symptom of MS.

• Posted

Wendy please don't reply to me anymore.
    • Posted

i replied to your post (perfectly politely, i thought) quote:

'hydrocephalus (abnormally high pressure build up of cerebrospinal fluid, CSF, around brain) isn't a symptom of MS.'

because i have MS, diagnosed 2004, although i probably had it 15+ years before that. i also have to deal with intermittent hydrocephalus, a common issue after cerebrovascular surgery, which i had in 2012. i think that i'm quite well positioned to answer your query., quite how in hell you could take offence is beyond me... surely the whole point of this site is to share experience, silly me!

i'll make a note for myself 'do not reply to sonia1215

• Posted

First of all my question was did the result from MS. Secondly, I worked in the medical field for two decades so I am aware of what hydrocephalous is thabk you. I have recently been researching MS and see that everyone's is different. People have varied symptoms therefore the question was not one made in ignorance but a simple question to gather more information. I'm not offended by you but see that you have a condescending tone. Mildly, I don't think I like you because this is the second time you have responded with a tone of superiority. I was newly diagnosed not newly stupid. I have parts of my body that I no longer control since my diagnosis but none of those parts are my mind.
    • Posted

Again look at your response I thought I replied perfectly politely...again your thoughts not mine. Your idea of polite is to dig too deeply and make statements that go far beyond the spectrum.
    • Posted

sonia, my first response to you was:

'hi sonia,

hydrocephalus (abnormally high pressure build up of cerebrospinal fluid, CSF, around brain) isn't a symptom of MS.'

that was my entire response.

you answered:

'Wendy please don't reply to me anymore.'

my next response was to, unaccountably, have to defend myself, explainjng that i have MS, diagnosed 2004 and that i also, intermittently, suffer from hydrocephalous. i, apparently wrongly, thought that this made me quite well positioned to be part of this discussion.

then you sent this..:

'I'm not offended by you but see that you have a condescending tone. Mildly, I don't think I like you because this is the second time you have responded with a tone of superiority. I was newly diagnosed not newly stupid eek. I have parts of my body that I no longer control since my diagnosis but none of those parts are my mind.'

where out minds are concerned, MS can affect our emotions, as well as our intellect, if you read back over this entire page, i think you might  be able to see that your posts were very disproportionate, edging toward paranoia. please note: i've been posting on this kind of medical site for over a decade, but at no time have i ever had someone react the way you have. very odd.

out of curiosity, what does 'I worked in the medical field for two decades'  mean?

• Posted

Ok Wendy. I just saw the post and it looked out of context. That's why I posed the question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.