21yo always tired - normal bloods.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 21 year old female, about two years ago, during my undergrad I began feeling extremely exhausted.

I can sleep for anything between 7 and 9 unbroken hours per night, although it does take an hour or so to actually fall asleep, I lead a moderately active lifestyle with horses and dogs and am currently undertaking a MSc (2 contact days per week), I am living at home during this so all my meals are homecooked and pretty healthy. Despite all of this I often feel sluggish (falling asleep most days) to the point where I sit down to do some work I find myself almost paralysed unable to concentrate or type anything which is obviously affecting my work.

Doctors ran blood tests in June when I moved back home, I dont remember specifically what but they did check hormones, insulin (family history of diabetes) and check for glandular fever as I did have an 8 week illness in 2013 but all came back clear so it was put down to the stresses of moving home, everything has just been repeated to check for change and again all came back clear and doctors have pretty much said there's nothing wrong so just take it easy, not exactly the support I was looking for.

Any one else with similar symptoms been able to overcome this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Find out if they checked you for vit D deficiency and also iron and B12. You are entitled to a copy of your tests. 
  • Posted

How about thyroid function....dead tired is a classic symptom

Also, at your age, your body needs 10 good hours of sleep

• Posted

Yes I am the same but I fee like mine getting worse. Doctor are hopeless. My blood came back fine, I work too 16 hour and I'm shattered after a 4 hour shift. I'm getting worried about me being this tired at my age too it isn't normal z

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.