22 month old with SVT

Posted , 4 users are following.

New to group and just looking for some advice...

We have 22 month old that was diagnosed with svt in utero at 32 weeks. Little one goes about 3 months between svt events each time requiring trip to ER. On atenolol, tried nadolol, now on atenolol & digoxin combo. Adenosine used to convert heart every time we go to ER. Has been cardiac converted twice. Will most likely have an ablation when older. Our cardiologist has suggested swapping digoxin with flecainite. Our little one does not have the verbal capability to explain how all these meds make feel. I'm just looking for some helpful advice...I do not need scary tales of svt or your cries of pity, just the facts. Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Kelli,

I pray for your little angel. I have SVT as an adult.. It's trauma for such a tiny baby.

You were given a special child and you are definitely a special mom. My heart is with you and your baby.

• Posted

Hi kelli2014

I'm sure this reply is too late for you now but I wanted to let you know my 16 month old has been on flecainide since the day she was born and I have seen no side effects to the medication at all. She is actually on a flecainide and digoxin combo. We were hoping she would outgrow svt by her first birthday but sadly no such luck, I'm thankful though that the meds are keeping her heart beating normally and have no side effects that we can see.

Hope your little one is doing well xx

• Posted

I was on digoxin for 2 years to prevent SVT's.  I went into SVT twice despite the digoxin. I did not, however, feel anything related to the medication.  The Adenosine used by the ER is a different story.  I hate it.  It makes me feel like I can't breathe.  It also causes my throat to feel like it is closing up.  I had an ablation last week.  The found some diseased heart tissue and could not finish but so far I am off the cardiac meds.  The ablation was not as bad as I had feared.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.