22 year old with diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys. I am 22 years old and I've been diagnosed with rosacea by both a gp and a derm. I have spots but I don't have severe redness or anything. I thought the spots appear after redness has developed. I'm absolutely terrified that my skin is going to get lots worse. Can anyone give me any advice/ tell me if they had a similar experience?

Thanks, Rachael

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

With any skin condition it helps to avoid chemicals as much as possible. Use natural products if you bneed cleanser or lubricants.
  • Posted

I agree with Pamela as I have been recently diagnosed.  I have started using mineral makeup. I stopped drinking red wine (which sucks for me), and mostly searched this website for help. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice! I have started to drink less wine and eat less gluten and j think it is having a positive effect .
  • Posted

Hi, you probably have a mild case which is good news if you can determine your triggers, and make sure you always use sunscreen. I use 100 spf now. Try to avoid any kind of exfoilient as it will just make your skin raw. It's been 3 months since I was diagnosed, and I have cut out all hot and spicy food and sauces and my spots are hardley noticeable.
    • Posted

Thank you! I will take all your advice on board. I have started to eat less spicy food, and I think my skin has started to improve.

Rachael

• Posted

I find being in hot environments doesn't help (clubs, pubs etc.) though as you are 22 I guess you're more likely to be in these than I am! You don't say where you live but hopefully not somewhere too warm. Alcohol definitely makes it worse (any booze,not just red wine). Qood quality foundation is useful (Vichy Dermablend, Clinique Redness Solutions) as it lasts longer.
  • Posted

I don't know....I think it depends on 5he severity. Since I started using Dermaced, I have slowly begun adding stuff in. White wine...ok. Sometimes you can't always eat gluten free, and while I noticed some redness..it didn't kill me...the mineral make ups help aND I haven't had majorily spicy, but I did survive hot wings. You just never know...everyone is so different
  • Posted

And as always the support and help from this forum is invaluable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.