24 year old change in bowel habits and periods very worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am a 24year old woman who has recently started experiencing some changes to my bowel habits and periods and I'm very worried!

Approx 4 weeks ago my stools started to float and they are often a yellowish colour and smell bad. Been tested for h pylori as had heartburn too but this was negative. Waiting for liver/ kidney function and celiac.

However I have also started to get a brown discharge 1 week before starting my normal period for the last 2 months. Been tested for infection and all clear, also had cervical smear about 4 months ago which was also clear.

Just hoping for some advice or similar stories as I am worried!

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Occasionally you can get brown ovulation which I have had.  However, if it is happening regularly, this should be monitored,  Were you tested for Bacterial vaginosis and thrush?

• Posted

Hi pippa58442,

Yeah I was tested and all clear. Also had full sti test done not too long ago and all clear. I spoke to someone that thought it might be a liver problem?

• Posted

Did a doctor suggest to you it might be a liver problem?  It is important that a doctor gives you this kind of information.  If it was your doctor who mentioned your liver, did he suugest a liver function test?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.