25 with chicken pox..

Posted , 2 users are following.

ok so i caught this awful chicken pox from my daughter who has now fully recoverd,i saw my first spot on sat,so took my self to the gp first thing monday and he gave me Aciclover which i started takin right away,im abit worried as he told me it should have been started with in the first 24 hours for the full effect,but my spots didnt start showing untill monday ,i only had the two prior to that would it still work?now im covered in them and i feel like crap,has anyone gone through this if so how was it and how long did it last for?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I too also took the anti virals too late. The absolute worse was the first 4 days I would say when all the spots are still raw and none of them had dried up. You will feel a little bit more human after that but for adults its very severe so make sure there is someone available to take care of you as you wont be able to really function. The main thing is the spots in the face as I was completely covered face wise. They take a good 3-4 to completely clear (they go form a sort of blister to a scab and then it falls off) Main thing is leave the scabs on your face alone unles you dont mind the scarring. I knocked some scabs before they fell and I have some marks I hate. You will start feeling  a bit more normal after 7 days but I was still really fragile. Take it easy and dont rush recovery, good luck x

• Posted

Thank you for responding I really appreciate it ! Right now it's still hell for me iv developed some down below and I feel like I'm dying slowly, my face is the worst!there huge like boils!but there are some that look more like spots that haven't blistered yet ? Will they blister or just settle down on there own ? Iv been really

good on th scratching part so fingers crossed they don't decided to stay on my face for life lol iv got my husband looking after me feel so sorry for him as he's taken time of work! My face is defo the worst I can't even look at myself , I'm just trying to tell my self it will pass but feels forever !

• Posted

I know, for adults most spots go to the scalp and face, lovely! I did feel like a monster, but I promise, it goes away. The less you can touch your face or look in the mirror the better. For the itching, try putting wet towels in the freezer and wrap your head in them, they do provide some relief. Also try Virasothe, its a clear cooling gel for chickenpox, pop it in the fridge and apply, it is a lot less mess than calamine. In my experience all the spots develop into a blister, thing is not all of them evolve at the same rate. You could start having some scabbed over spots while others are still full of fluid. Yummy, I know. 

Try to distract yourself, lots of movies, books, iPlayer, naps. It sucks but it passes! 

Best wishes x

• Posted

*** On my second post, I meant spots take 3-4 weeks to completely clear up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.