2nd and 3rd Toe too long

Posted , 1 user is following.

So after suffering from Morton's neuroma for over 18 months, having the nerve injected 3 times without sucess and seeing a new surgeon because my other one is too slow and has a long waiting list. Finally an answer as to why my toes are bending out to the left and leaving my big toe with a wide gap. My previous surgeon said it was wear and tear on the muscles and ligaments, which I thought was rubbish. Anyway turns out the above toes are too long and have been causing my Morton's now waiting for surgery to have the nerve removed and the two toes broken, bone removed and wired together. Has anyone else had this toe surgery? Any tips?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think thats called a fusion the bones corrected and wired together which is what I had in my big toe 6 weeks ago. Everyone heals differently and faster than the other just remember when you get home from the hospital keep that foot elevated about your heart and ice it. Ice and elevation are your new best friends. The less swollen the less pain and better healing. I have a few weeks to go possibly 8 to 12 weeks before my bone heals. Stay in the boot and do what the doc says you'll be just fine! Keep us posted!

• Posted

Surgeon decided to do op in two phases, so has removed my Mortons nerve, got to have the toe op after I ahve healed. Bit annoyed that he didnt tell me this before the day of surgery, pain isnt bad just sore over wound. He was worried about scar tissue and said the mortons had load of scar tissue. he said my op may be in March next year, but i have told him I am not going to be on crutches and in a boot at my daughters wedding in April, so I can see a battle with him to get it done sooner!  
  • Posted

Having surgery on 10th December, could have had it earlier but hubby diagnosed with prostate cancer and having it removed next week, so need to put him first even though foot is awful, its not life threatening. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.