2nd New Hip-3rd joint replacement in 18 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,have participated in this great forum with and since 1st hip replacement.A little concerned about the 3 in 18 months thing.Im glad it's done and over with but want to keep connected with the collective wisdom and kindness of this group.Hope All is well for all of you Fellow travelers along this long and winding road.Im 9 days out,walking in our long driveway.Will go to Mother in laws tomorrow.Got cabin fever.Will be careful.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like your doing very well. That is good here

Why have you had to have the 3rd replacement?

Take it steady

• Posted

I was 1st diagnosed with severe OA of the knee.At that time I could only advance to a certain point.After that my hip was doing a lot of crackeling.,and was weak.I thought it was a weak IT band but it was a hip degeneration issue.They called it end stage OA of the hip.I was having other similar issues on the other side So asked them to X-ray that right side and they said it was actually worse.Im amazed that for me by the time its symptomatic it's so advanced..It has been a long journey,most challenging journey to date

• Posted

Hello Msky, 

of course you want to stay here a bit longer ... we need your experience and insights - we have a lot in common but also have our own individual challenges.

it is so nice to know that there are others going through the same thing and if not, you get fabulous support and unconditional love ... 

enjoy your outing tomorrow and do be careful ...

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I just am nervous.I call it the Nurse Curse.Its getting the knee done and finding out that the 1 hip is bad,then the other hip was bad.We really do have to be our own best advocate and diagnostician.Im trying to look at diet to heal.Im afraid to put to much pressure on my femur due to he with the last hip.One of the other ladies,a nurse had her femur fracture with her double hip.Im just a little nervous .
  • Posted

Hi I'm 15 days in and I've got a fit bit trying to beat my steps each day good luck X

• Posted

That's a good idea.Im trying to increase amount done daily.Im nervous because of the break with the femur with my first hip because it felt so much better,so I started to proceed and then broke.Just nervous😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.