2nd OLP Laser Treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just an update.  My 1st laser treatment was unsuccessful so i went to see an oral surgeon who specilizes in laser ablation on soft oral tissues This time the procedure was much more invasive and treated like an actual surgery.  The doctor removed the top 3 layers of epithelial tissue off the side of my tongue where the OLP was I he went much deeper than my 1st doc).  I had the procedure friday and am still in considerable pain and discomfort. I am unable to speak and chew so i have been pretty much drinking my meals through a straw.  Thankfully i have a supportive girlfriend who has been cooking and pureeing all the food for me smile  I went to the doc today for a post-op exam and he said it was healing properly.  I have been taking vitamin C, D, zinc, glutamine and lysine for immune support and to help heal the tissue.  Right now my tongue looks like a mess but i am hoping it heals up and the OLP is a thing of the past.  Unfortunately i had to cancel my weekend travel plans and missed my good friends wedding in the process, so ive been a bit stressed and sad.  Anyway, I will keep you guys posted on my recovery - thanks for reading 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the update!  I really feel for you.  My husband had surgery on his tongue twice (not OLP related, but in case it was cancer).  He was in terrible pain so I know how you must be feeling.  I hope this is successful for you.  It's always sad to miss special events, but maybe it'll be for the good if this heals your OLP.  I Vitamin D, B12, Folic Acid and Biotin and a multi-vitamin.  Maybe I will add zinc and lysine to see if it helps.  So far, nothing has show any improvement in my OLP.
  • Posted

Hi Jason, thanks keeping me up to date with your treatment and results. It seems that you're going through a very tough painfull

time at the moment hopefully it will heal up very soon and be

the success you are looking for. Chin up Jason

• Posted

Dear Jason, Sad to hear about your LP. Hope your second treatment is bringin some relief of the pain and discomfort that you have to bear. Hope the stress is getting better. Kind regards, Kokkie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.