2nd ovarian cyst, alternative to operation?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I removed my first ovarian cyst through laparoscopy last April. It took long time for me to recover. Unfortunately the symptoms came back recently, like bloating tummy, nausea, irregular period, easily feeling tired and full after eating a bit. I haven't seen a GP but am 80% sure since the feelings are so familiar. I feel really sad now and am really scared about having to do another laparoscopy, which doesn't solve the problem at all. Does anyone know any alternative to operation, not to cure coz I know it's impossible, but just to live "in peace" with it? Thanks!

After some further research, I found out that ultrasound guided ovarian cyst aspiration works well for people not suitable for laparoscopy. It won't cure but at least there is temporary "peace" with minimal damage to body. Has anyone done this? Please share your experience if you have done so, thanks!

Here is the reference in case you haven't heard about this option.

https://www.chesterfieldroyal.nhs.uk/dl/7461_2242412571.pdf/as/Ovarian

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First step is see your GP again. It may not be a cyst but they can reoccur you know! the alternative is to have the ovary removed I think. Get another referral. Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

I did see GP today, she insisted that I had digestion problem, refused to give me a referral. It's ridiculous! I'm considering doing an ultrasound scan with a private clinic to "prove" to GP that I do need a referral...

• Posted

If you can affored a private appointment ok but you will probably have to see a GP to refer you for that too. Try a different GP if there is one at your surgery. Good luck. x rolleyes

• Posted

Depends on size, location, type of cyst, your history, etc. Once your Dr. has that information about your cyst, he/she can provide treatment advice. I've had several cysts that felt HORRIBLE, dull ache that became pretty intense pain, bloat, nausea, etc. Mine all burst on their own and didn't need surgical intervention (tho, I did have other issues that did require surgery). You may get lucky. See your OBGYN for advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.