2nd tkr have gone to my intern today with all test done and he did his bit and got the green light

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi all friends and to become new friends i must be in apolyge because i tend to forget where i was 1 year ago , my 1st tkr right knee and what a life changing thing that was for me.as i had some minor ops before this tkr i thought how bad can it be from in a wheelchair and crutches to a knew knee, what a shocker was waiting for me as all of us that went through it know it is not an easy thing and when mine was done i was on this forum plenty times because i needed you and then slowly after getting better the post got fewer how bad is that and when the knee is so perfect that you now can walk some distance even with the bad knee still in pain without aid hell the  world starts to be a good place in,now as i have said no2 is 2-3 weeks away and knowing whats waiting here i am back and at least have some knowledge of what is good to do and what is not and i am only half as scared now as i was before, i know i will become depressed i know i will have serious pain i know of the taking me off morfien and what happened wont menion it here lol but ask the docter before hand for a proper pain manegement procedure and not paracetamol that is like getting chalk for an amputee, i know i will sit here 0.100 in the morning without sleep even after getting sleep tabs they only last 2-3 hrs but at least i know that is how it is going to be, and the nice thing is my friends will also be here as i should have been more times,I will talk again and more and when it is all over and done i must remember what i went throufg and that there are people who are still have to go through it i promise i will be here regards danie61.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the positive experience feedback Danie
    • Posted

hi irish al thank you for the response and keep well danie
  • Posted

Hi Danie

Please count me as one of your new friends. Having had one operation you obviously know who your friends are. Sounds like you have some good ones. Thoughts and prayers with you

John.

• Posted

hi jhon04330 you are counted my friend and yes we are all friends here not only in pain but through the trails and troubulations we had to face during our procedures thank you and prayers for lots of us regards danie
  • Posted

Don't anticipate the worst vase scenario in advance.  Many on this site have had a second knee done and breezed through it.  Recently an 82 yr old had her T K R and was walking and going up short flight of stairs very quickly.  Also does not report a lot of pain and acing Physio.  We are all amazed.  Let's hope you have an easier outcome this time.
    • Posted

hi cass73 thanks for the encouraging words and no i wont be a sissy i wanted to write another word but i would be in trouble lol i can only say at 82 years and going through this we must give that man a bells wow man i feel small , thank you again regards danie

• Posted

What an uplifting post! The most frightening thought for me at 6 weeks is, "What if this is as good as it gets?" Keep sending these positive posts! Thanks, Cathy in Alabama
    • Posted

cathyhighnite thanks for the response and at 6 weeks it will now start to speed up and you will notice an improvement everday sleeping bit longer less pain and swelling and will not think the physio is a sycopath lol mine was a very well trained youngster who had to battle with this old stuborn man lol but we became good friends and she has already been booked for the next one, just keep up with meds ice  elavate and physio when you feel up to it dont hurt yourself or let the physio hurt you regards danie
  • Posted

Like you I had my first knee done over a year ago have no problems with it so glad I had it done had secon knee done 8 weeks ago have found this time I was able to do some things quicker like the leg lifts getting in and out of bed without assistance can walk upstairs properly haven't quite mastered going down yet and sleep hasn't been so much of an issue am sleeping really well good luck with your op
    • Posted

sharon52158 hi there and thank you for the feed back i am already in a better place than last time i know have the experiances of friends here who went through the second one and i know that it will be a sucsess keep well danie from south africa
  • Posted

Good luck Dani. I'm almost 3 wks po on number 2. First one 18 mets ago. This time around I felt it went much better for me. I dint have the fear. Got out of bed, used the walker and it was lovely. But the pain and sleepless nights have started. I don't seem to be managing my pain very well. I got off the hydromopphine because it was treating me badly. Only taking Tylenol straight strength at the moment. cathyhighnite, I feel the same way but of course it gets better! Good luck Dani and keep us posted.

an Old Friend

• Posted

anne07663 hi there i am so glad for you only 3 weeks po and already wonderfully possitive , you know it works through on us that is close to the 2nd one and uplifting to read positive post about it, as i am an old 62 year male and like males our pain threshhold is as low as a mouse lol i tend to over do on the meds , hell i overdo on all the ice elevate sleep whenever i can moan  but i have a lovley wife who are so cool in all my crappy things i dont think i will do it with out her lol,please if you do have pain severe enough to think on it take one pill more and just lie down a bit we must regards danie south africa

• Posted

Daniel that is such a positive post I'm impressed keep strong and positive and all will be well. 3 weeks post here and it's challenging to say the least you give me inspiration. Thank you.
    • Posted

nuala16574 hi there nuala only3 weeks and you sound so much diffrent than i sounded when i was 3 weeks po lol i wanted to sue the docter for pain and suffering ha ha yes it will also be possable for you to feel like laughter again soon just remember a serious invasion was done to your body this operation acording to my doc is the most invading of a persons body due to the mass of muscels tendons nerves and the the bone thing i get chills every time i look at the video lol, please do wear your socks i know they suck but i had to wear them because when you are in pain you look for anything that might just help a littlebit more and the wife helped me everytime on both legs and it did not help to say but only one leg was done lol no she was right and hopefully next time i read here you will be already laughing and apreciate life like we should regards danie south africa
  • Posted

Ok, let's get something straight.  Why are you scaring yourself half to death before the operation.  For all you know you could sail through the whole procedure and rehab will be a dream.  Why oh why are you stressing yourself out so much.  They will not talk about pain management until you are actually in pain and the pain is "uncontrollable".  If you are going ahead with the other knee you need to be a little more positive, otherwise you are going to be a mess right from the get go. Even if you are in pain after the operation, which will be normal seeing as you have had your leg sawn in half, this time round you may not get depressed.  You know what you need to do to get back walking properly, you know what exercises you will need to do, so really you are in a better place than last time.  That is positive, it is no longer the great unknown.  Do not look at the negatives
    • Posted

sueisobel ouch! that one hurt lol but you are right i am being a sissy as i went throught he first one and are now a much better person i even like myself again, I took youre advice and stopped stressing , ok just some little bit left  and as they saw the next one of i will be reading your post again, and i know from the response of the other friends who underwent the 2nd one it is realy not all that bad because i have been there thank you for putting me out of my misrabalaty and i know it is spelled wrong i am afrikaans from south africa but again thanks for the advice apreciated regards danie
    • Posted

Geen probleem, Ek werk met Kapenaars.  Sorry, but I didn't think you would appreciate the "oh poor you, and pat you on the back" approach.  There is no point going forward, when you know what is going to happen and you think of the worst that is going to happen. Mal man.  We all suffer from the unknown, so you are not alone, you just needed a gentle kick in the agter.  You will be fine.

Stay well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.