3 days post op Tkr

Posted , 23 users are following.

Well guys here i am and i did it,only home yesterday evening and thought i was doing ok but today,im so down and the tears justbflow...hate having to keep asking partner to do something for me ect,i am walking back and to the loo and walking as much as i can heel to toe and can get about 45 degree bend on a good hour....god i hate me....thanks for listining,its going to be a long road xxxxx

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done. You have had op now just take one day at a time,  take all your medication and do exercises,  you will make it,  some days are better than others. I'm seven weeks in and had my first long day out with my husband shopping and lunch and now sitting with ice pack on,  jackie 
  • Posted

Hugs to you lou1982. It's a difficult road, filled with ups and downs. The tears are healing, so don't be afraid to let them flow. For the majority of people, it does get better, hold onto that hope!

• Posted

I was in hospital until 5 days Take it easy and let your other half take care of you
  • Posted

Lou,you must stay strong. It is very normal to be emotional after any surgery for a number of reasons. Be kind to yourself and allow those who love you to support you.
  • Posted

Good for you to have tkr! I am 5 months post tkr and have had some ups and downs. But it sure beats the pain b4! Remember you would be helping your partner if the shoe was on the other foot (that's why we love them so!) So accept the help.

Remember to stay focused on the goal! Ice, meds, and exercises are all important! There are times I sometimes feel like a wimp but I have come to accept it!

It will get better.

• Posted

Thank you lynda and everyone else, i know deep down your all right,and it is very early days indeed...its nothing like i expected to be i think,but also not as painfull as i imagined,have a good evening all xx
  • Posted

Glad you've had it done, remember lots of ice, helps no end, I did a lot of crying, not so much now, be looked after, my husband still has to do quit a bit , it's just one of those things that is part of a marriage anyway isn't it, in sickness and in health .😀 I've got the other knee to go yet, . Your very earley on yet, long way to go, you'll, get there,  lots of friends on here to talk to as well , which I still find really helpful, keep your pekka up😀
  • Posted

Don't hate you!  You sound like you are making effort towards the goal.  So do one thing more than you think you can or  want to and it all builds to the triumph.  Long or short roads all require one step at a time.  Best to you, you can do this!
  • Posted

You've done it Lou, one hop at a time. It's an incredibly difficult journey, I won't lie but you'll get there. I'm 19 weeks and need further surgery, I was in 9 days so you're already doing better than me. We've all had bad days. If you search back through my posts you'll read some pathetic moaning. I have never been so low in my life but everyone on here helped pick me up. Tomorrow will be better but unfortunately it is a long road. You're going to have to accept help for a bit yet. You'll get there though xx
  • Posted

You are in a horrible place at the moment!  I remember those first few days so well . .  and at the time I remember saying /Never again!!!" But now, six months later, if I had the same problem with my other knee, I would do it again.  But none of us is going to tell you it isn't difficult at first. . but I think we will all tell you that it does get better .If you have been prescribed decent medication that will help, but if they haven't then make sure you get it as soon as possible. It's so hard to do the exercises and just survive without it!  I would say the first three weeks are the worst, and then things will start to get better. . honestly!  And don't worry about crying. I think we have all done it and sometimes it's good for you!  I know it's hard to ask for help, and accept it. but I'll bet your partner prefers to be able to do something to help rather than see you struggle.
  • Posted

Cry, laugh, swear, exercise, elevate, ice, rest .........but most of all be kind to yourself and try not to worry (and that's bloody hard lol!). Feel a wimp, feel strong, feel frightened, feel sorry for yourself.......believe you me we've all done it/doing it.

I had new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea (the bit it slides across) so compared to PKR and TKR mine should have been simpler and a quicker recovery......yeah right! I'm 15 weeks post op next Tuesday - beginning to improve......just a bit........everyone is different and heals differently. Try to relax and take each day as it comes......and stay on this forum......everyday it keeps me sane lol!

• Posted

Ha ha lou I had my op 5.3.15 and im still avin to ask my hubby to do stuff!!! You hang in there its extremely early days!!!!! Wait til ya start swearing ha ha but akways remember were here for you and were more help than the NHS!!!!!!!
  • Posted

Big cuddles.  We have all been there and know exactly how you are feeling.  No good saying you will be better tomorrow but it is a long hard road and you are a the beginning.  Get the first three weeks over and you will feel better.  Every week after you will improve.   Just take care, take meds, sleep when you can and just ask for help for the first few weeks, that is what people are there for.  Speedy recovery xxx
    • Posted

Thanks to susan and everyone who has given me some advice today,feeling a little better about myself now...more to follow im sure xx
    • Posted

Oh there will be more lol but wel try to have a laugh on the way - you take care x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.