3 months out

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello my friends;  I first wanted to say thank you for all that have been amazing to me and other during this ordeal.  I would like to ask a question.  For those with FKR or PKR where were at at 3 months?  How were you feeling and what where you able to do?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi at threemonths I went on a weeks holiday to Gibraltar the flight was no problem and the sun did me the world of good.  I was able to walk a fair distance without too much discomfort.  I still had swelling and was icing but not in any pain.  The only thing I was wary about was going in the sea as I was afraid of being hit by waves but went in the pool almost daily for a dip but never gave swimming a go as I was a bit catious as to if anything happened and I was overseas.

​I am now walking perfectly no pain no swelling and I think the ordeal of the op was well worth in the end, even though I never thought so at the time and never envisaged being able to walk, long distances go shopping, my life is so much better than before I had the op. I hope you will feel the same

• Posted

Ordeal is probably the right word to use . I am just 14 weeks post pkr. I can bent and straighten in really well but have had issues of my knee letting me down because of its weakness.have been having lots of physio and now doing some work on balance . I still walk with a stick and progress in thar way has been slow . When i have walked on it for a while it still feels swollen and tight and it knocks at times but have been told this is normal. I have had repeat xrays which are normal and awaiting mri scan to see if there are any other issues causing me to fall .

There have been lots of tears and down times and have felt very negative .only today do i feel slightly better and upbeat as i managed to walk around my bedroom and out onto the landing without my stick. I think I wasnt prepared for any of this .

But onward and upwardsi believe it will get much better . How are you doing .

• Posted

I hope you are feeling much better.  I'm still having ups and downs and dealing with a lot of stiffness.  If I have the right sneaker on I can do more.. Thank you
    • Posted

I bought a recumbent exercise bike which i use everyday it has

helped so much with the stiffness in my knee. It was well worth buying

• Posted

Hi,

I am just over 15weeks post op and I am really pleased with the outcome of the operation.

I can walk several miles without pain and I have recently returned from a week's holiday in Gran Canaria. I tried swimming breast stroke in the hotel swimming pool and did not have too many difficulties. However, I only did a few widths as I did not want to overdo things.

My bend is about 125 degrees and I can straigthen my leg without porblems.

I still get the occasional ache and some slight stiffness but that usually seems to happen after I have been sitting around for a while.

I feel that the operation has given me my life back and I am really pleased that I managed to find the courage to go through with the operation. I think that I have been very lucky as I have not suffered very much with a huge amount of pain.

• Posted

I am in my 10th week and although I still have some swelling after a busy day, I am finally able to keep going.  Up until now, I would work a couple of hours and then have to rest a while.  My knee still has some stiffness and tightens up on me when I stand too long.  As for your other knee hurting now, mine has been twice as bad as before because I'm relying on it so much with my recovery.  I am set to have surgery on my other knee on December 17th and can't wait until they are both feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.