Posted , 9 users are following.

[color=green:ebaaa8b050][/color:ebaaa8b050]

:roll:

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Has it helped, I have been offered this, on serc tablets at the moment
  • Posted

They shouldn't prescribe you that .... Very toxic for your ears.
  • Posted

Hi, I've had Gentamicin injections in my ear which have helped me greatly. Why do you say it is toxic for your ears?
  • Posted

I had a very radical course of Gentamycin drops a few years ago. The ENT drilled a small hole into my ear drum and placed a tube into which I had to place the drops three times a day for 10 days. It killed the cells in that ear and left me without balance or much hearing in that ear but it took care of the attacks. After my good ear learned to compensate for the loss of balance on the left side my life finally returned to normal. I lost 60%+ of my hearing in my left ear but I've learned to live with that. I hadn't had any attacks for the last 2 1/2years until yesterday! Symptoms are back now and has brought my life to a standstill once again! If given the choice of doing that treatment again I would probably do it again as I was able to live a normal life for such sa long period of time. Good luck!
  • Posted

I had a very radical course of Gentamycin drops a few years ago. The ENT drilled a small hole into my ear drum and placed a tube into which I had to place the drops three times a day for 10 days. It killed the cells in that ear and left me without balance or much hearing in that ear but it took care of the attacks. After my good ear learned to compensate for the loss of balance on the left side my life finally returned to normal. I lost 60%+ of my hearing in my left ear but I've learned to live with that. I hadn't had any attacks for the last 2 1/2years until yesterday! Symptoms are back now and has brought my life to a standstill once again! If given the choice of doing that treatment again I would probably do it again as I was able to live a normal life for such sa long period of time. Good luck!
    • Posted

I will have my 4th gentamycin injection on Tuesday. I have had

very poor balance since the 2nd injection. I have to hold on to

walls and furniture for the most part or I'm wobbling all over.

These are weekly injections in my left ear. How long before your

balance begain  to improve? My Menieres attacks became more

severe and frequent in October/November. It has been difficult

and almost impossible  to have a social life. I am glad you are

doing so well. That's encouraging!

• Posted

I also had Gentamicin to ablate my cochlea about 3 years ago and it did resolve the severe menieres attacks. Whilst it took time for my brain to adjust for lack of balance it is much better now.

I still have dizzy spells when I move quickly particularly or adjusting my vision. What I am asking is do others who have had this therapy still have diizzy episodes or other adverse affects so long after treatment?

Thanks for any feedback

• Posted

Hi i have also had my 1st gentamicin injection, which i have had no release from my attacks, unfortunately i have developed infections in both ears, with in a after my injection, im also taking serc. I am now biluctral.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.