3 weeks constant gas/bloating/gurgling and more

Posted , 21 users are following.

Firstly I know this is a forum for long term IBS sufferers but what I really want to know is if it's possible this will go away sad

I've never had any bowel problems in my life. I'm 26 and currently going through a time of quite bad stress/anxiety.

Out of nowhere 3 weeks ago I woke up with painful trapped gas. It took all day for it to pass along with some watery stool.

Every day since then I have woken up feeling like I've been inflated, my stomach will start gurgling for ~1 and I'll become bloated at random times of day. I will often but not always have soft stool but no mucous or blood.

I've seen my dr a few times. Stool test was normal, waiting on bloods. She says it sounds like a stress/IBS type reaction and that it should pass.

The thing is, I have the gas/bloating every single day even despite full dose of buscopan.

Can anyone reassure me without humoring me? This is making me extremely anxious sad

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Ciaran

I too suffer with ibs and along with my phobia of being sick it has caused extreme anxiety for me. i take peppermint tablets from holland and barret and they are amazing they really help with bloating and gas etc.

• Posted

They didn't really help me sad Buscopan helps the cramps but nothing really seems to help the gas.
    • Posted

oh really sad have you tried charcoal tablets yet? i know its a nightmare but so many people suffer with some sort of ibs you will be surprised! have you tried mebeverine from the doctor? Anxiety makes ibs worse but anxiety comes from ibs so i understand how you feel trust me i am the same! hows your diet and exersise? 
    • Posted

My diet is fine I think, and I regularly work out. I really have had zero problems in my entire life with my bowels until the last 3 weeks sad

I'm not sure yet if it's IBS, I'm waiting for some blood tests. I might ask for further tests even if they are normal.

My doctor said that the majority of people have just an episode of IBS that eventually goes away, I really hope that's the case for me, if that's what this is sad

In the meantime maybe I'll try the charcoal or mebeverine.

Can't believe this, life was stressful enough without this sad

• Posted

yes get the relevant tests, ibs can occur at any time in life and especially when life is stressful. try charcoal tablets and try to relax as stress makes it worse. take some time out or work or whatever you are doing see if it helps taking a break even if its a day to get your head together. Research ibs on the interent its very helpful and there is a vast amount of symptoms. 
  • Posted

These are just my suggestions,

Stop the buscopan. it isn't a cure. Are you using coconut products? especially the oil? It is notorious for creating stomach upsets. Green smoothies or raw veg? Legumes wholeseed breads? dandelion tea? any weird teas? sourdough bread? You need to find out what the irritant is. Cut all fruit although apple juice with apple cider vinegar in it can help......

Often the gut rebalances itself and the horrible upset goes away regardless. The trick is not to be making interventions that stop that natural rebalanciing from happening. One day you wake up and realise the you haven't had a problem for weeks. Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason and you have to go with the flow.  Focussing on it/obsessing, can itself aggravate the condition as if a psyhic mite has invaded the aura and thrives on the attention.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Apple Cider Vinegar back fired very badly for me.. My acid reflux, bloating and pain increased significantly.. It works differently for different people
    • Posted

Hi Pram - Acid Reflux and IBS are two different things. AR is gastro-related and IBS is well,  bowel-related.smile Is this a chronic condition for you? Acute onset? Or an acute onset of a chronic condition?Have you been to a doctor? Were any tests run? Are you taking any medications that may be interacting with certain foods - Or have been known to cause gastro problems? I take arthritis medicine that is notoriously hard on stomach linings. NSAIDS taken over years harms the lining. I know this is going to sound laborious, but I kept a food diary for several days. Nothing fancy - just jotted down foods that I ate. Good luck.
  • Posted

I am afraid, for the time being...we are all stuck with this bane of our lives. There is no a definite cure....!!frown
  • Posted

Can u suggest me something haveing same thing happen from 1 and half month even some irregular heart beat too due to gas or what I don't know ...

• Posted

Hi.

I too find my heartbeat is irregular when my IBS flares up. I get lots of nausea and tummy pain too. It feels like I am constantly eating popping candy. Very unpleasant and can continue for weeks and makes me feel really unwell.

It does clear in time. I have ended up in casualty before and been sent for heart scans and ECG'so. Diagnosis is IBS.

• Posted

have you tried psyllium husk? its just fibre not medicine it may solve your problem. and also have some probiotics instead of medicine untill your test reports come and i hope they will be fine.
  • Posted

Do you have Nausea with this as well and where exactly is your pain.....
  • Edited

Alot of people think that this feeling is a joke but its very scary to live in fear of dying every single day...I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure,migrane,anxiety,panic attacks and the muscle around my heart is thicker than it suppose to be, so yes i truely understand how u feel and ill keep u in my prayers cause God know we need it.

• Posted

Hi. I read your response and know exactly what you mean.  Anxiety on top of my health issues has ruined my life. I feel for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.