3 weeks on 50mg increase

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I am getting frustrated and still struggling with very heightened anxiety. I did 2 weeks of 25mg and tomorrow will be the end of week 3 of 50mg. The heightened anxiety is still very extreme the past two days. The day before those it was manageable. I am just looking for advice or reassurance that this going to settle? I am also getting a few hours time to time still of feeling very depressed. I was hoping these side effects would have eased by now. Appreciate your thoughts or experience....

Thank you!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Right there with you. Mind is spinning. Hard to catch breathe. Big knot in my chest. Only week 3 for me too. It's gotta get better. Hugs.

• Posted

It does get better holly. With every increase, come the side effects again. Hang in there🙂

• Posted

Thank you Vanessa. Did you have a lot of side effects upon increasing and how long did it take for them to settle?
  • Posted

Hi Holly - I am going for week 3 now, still not 100% but certainly a bit better..

But let me explain to you how I understand the workings of this drug.. I am not a dr, but was hellbent on finding out how/why and found a site that explained it in detail. As we all know it is a SSRI. It blocks the reuptake of seratonin.. So when you start the medication there is a whole lot more seratonin to take up - but you still only have the receptors you had before taking the meds..So you brain makes more receptors to take in all this new seratonin - this takes weeks.. 

Meanwhile, your brain also picks up that there is too much seratonin and halts the production - explainining why thins might seem worse. But as I say I am no dr, this is just the way I understand it..Hope it helps..

So hang in there...

• Posted

Thanks man this helped me a little I'm also suffering the same but I'm hanging in

• Posted

Thanks Ryan. I appreciate your input. I was aware of the process the body goes through but just thought the unbearable anxiety due to the increase would have settled some. It was very intense the past two days. Like all day long......I guess side effects fading in a couple weeks doesn't always happen.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Does anybody know what eye drops will settle really bad dry eyes it's due to sertraline it's that bad I can't stand it help please

• Posted

Sertraline worked for me.   Been on 100mgs Sertraline for 22years, recently tried to reduce bit by bit and failed.  Should have tried harder yrs ago.  If you do end up on 100mg as soon as you can and start cutting down in 5mgs.
    • Posted

Does dry eyes settler it's really bad I can't open my eyes propley

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

I have taken this med on and off most of my life. I have always done well at 50mg once it kicks in. I stopped it for about 2 months due to medical issues that they though may be from the sertraline. The start up this time seems so rough in comparison to the other times....

• Posted

re Dry eyes,    have had his for about one year, ius HYLOW TEARS AND JEL FOR NIGHTS  free on priscription from doc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.