3 weeks post-laser treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

After 3 horrific weeks of pain and pureed foods I am back to normal.  My tongue completely healed from the laser treatment, however, i dont quite know what to think now. I am being careful with what i eat, taking appropriate vitamins and supplements to keep my immunity and oral mucosa strong but i guess time will tell if this treatment actually helped. I am reluctant to go back to wine, acidic foods just yet so im gonna ease into that over the next few months.  Just thrilled to be eating again smile 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I thought I had replied...

Glad to hear that you are enjoying food again, food is so important and is one of lifes pleasures for sure..

How is your tongue now bearing in mind you posted this 9 days ago.

• Posted

Hi Gup - all is well.  so far no new ulcers since the treatment but my geographic tongue continues to be a huge annoyance.  I have been using xylitol lozenges, rinsing with probiotics and taking adrenal support supplements which seems to help a bit but as soon as i eat anything acidic it flares up again.  did you get your EBV test? 
    • Posted

Hi, Good to hear that no new ulcers have cropped up!  When I have had OLP in the past just looking at my tongue would depress me!!  And so I do understand how depressing it can be..one thing I found that worked quite well with regard to at least making my tongue look slightly better, was to pour some sea salt onto the tongue (cover the whole area) wait a couple of minutes, rinse, and brush my tongue gently, and it actually just made it look so much better, and then I felt better. 

I have not had a test for EBV, but its on my list to do so!  I've been busy, last week I was  diagnosed with Sulfite intolerance, and so I am in the process of doing some research on that, and may need some blood work done, with regard to my zinc and copper levels, and I also could do to have a hair sample test done for mercury levels.   I'm fed up!  The foods that I can eat now are extremely limited, and today I have an appointment with my  Allergist for the results of a patch test on my back, which I suspect will be more bad news judging by the itching I have had to endure for two days, but we shall see! rolleyes

• Posted

Its possible you may have leaky gut.  were you ever on a long term course of antibiotics or NSAIDs? theres a urine test for tha too.  Im focusing on my gut health now sine ive had persistent problems for over 10 yrs. i do feel that all problems in some way stem from the gut 
  • Posted

I have Ulcerative Colitis, so yes, I do have a leaky gut, but its a genetic weakness in my family.   I do agree though that many illnesses often stem from the gut, and when you think of what is happening today with regard to products like Roundup weed killer being used on food crops, its hardly surprising that there is a frightening rise in autoimmune disorders worldwide.
    • Posted

im trying to stay regimented now. I would do sporadic gut protocols in the past but never stuck with them. so for the next couple months im gonna treat bacterial overgrowth and supplement with glutamine and see if i can reverse it. Have you tried probiotic retention enemas for you UC?  I think you would benefit from glutamine as well.  Theres also aloe vera juice but you should get the distilled version without the latex since its an irritant
    • Posted

I'm in remission with the UC, so I really don't want to take anything that might jeopardize that.   I'm really more concerned with the fact that there is very little I can eat now at the moment without having problems, it seems like everything has sulfites in it!  but I am hopeful that  this may gradually get better over time. 

I do think that eating organic foods, supplements, and a good probiotic every day, are all useful  in helping to keep your gut in good shape.  

I just wish I had eaten organic foods years ago...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.