32 year old anxiety or heart condition

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 32 years old and female, about 2 weeks ago I couldn't fall asleep and all of a sudden I had rapid heart rate of about 137 and then blood pressure 154/115. Worry set in and chest pain, shortness of breath and so I went to emergency room. EKG was abnormal because of the moment I was having but all tests have come back normal since. Stress test, echogram, ct scan of heart and lungs, hypothyroid blood test everything looks normal. So I was prescribed blood pressure medications but all the side effects get me anxious and the medicine makes me feel worse and blood pressure high. So everyday has been different I have some good days no episodes and then all of a sudden again with heart rate over 110 today and blood pressure high! Is this worry? Is this anxiety? Do I really need blood pressure medications? Do I have an irregular heartbeat? Will I ever be normal again?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The exact thing the exact same things happened to on me a few years ago. Couldn't fall asleep and all of a sudden it hit me like a train. Heart rate flew up I though it was heart attack. Ever since I've had panic attacks and do worry, but worrying get you nowhere. If you've had all your tests then you're fine. I've wasted so much time in the doctors for nothing but what's inside my head. My advice would be if you've had the all clear of doctors, then carry on as normal. If you get and of those feelings, challenge them! Don't panic, slowly ask yourself what it could be. Don't jump to conclusions that's the worst thing to do. Broaden your mind and I promise it Will leave you alone. It's taken me 3 years to realise that the problem is mental nOT physical. They can't hurt you and you'll be fine!

• Posted

THANK you for your help and reply, what have you done or taken for your anxiety that has helped? I am trying breathing exercises, I've tried taking magnesium as it's supposed to help for anxiety, and I've listened meditation music, I have continued to work because I have to

• Posted

When I went to the doctor my blood pressure was 160/110! He looked at me and said your anxiety is causing this you need anxiety medicine! Of course I didn't want to but constant fear and high blood pressure was making it to where I wasn't living my life so I am on 15mg of citalopram my blood pressure is now 117/74! If your high blood pressure is from anxiety then an SSRI will help to lower it.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, I believe it's anxiety too but my doctor who is cardiologist wants to run more tests on me to rule everything out internally. I'm trying very hard to keep a clearer mind but it's diffficult with all that's going ok so rapidly

• Posted

At least when all the tests are done you will have piece of mind! Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.