34, 4 kids, tubal ligation, no periods <12 months, chronic fatigue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I'm new to this site, and hoping I can get some help... I'm a (just turned) 34 year old mom of 4+1 teen stepdaughter, other kids are 11, 10, 8 and 5. I've had a very bad past 12 months, to include my baby brother committing suicide, then losing my dad 4 months later, severing my relationship with my mom, and all kinds of other stress, just for the record. Also, medically, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 5 years ago, as well as degenerative disc disease. My last period started June 9, 2015, the day after my brother's death. It was normal. I've always been a little irregular since beginning my family, skipping a month here or there, and after my third child was born, I attempted the Mirena implant (which was 12 months of HELL, as it caused gran mal seizures every two weeks that we didn't link to the implant for a year - during that time, I had no periods). After the Mirena, I had a miscarriage followed by the pregnancy and premature birth of my youngest child. After that came the fibromylagia and other chronic pain diagnoses (IDK how pertinent that info all is, but trying to be thorough). I haven't had a period in almost a year, and in the last 4 months or so, I've lost about 20 pounds without trying, and I, over the course of the same year, have had continuing and worsening fatigue that has rendered me afraid to drive, and embarrassingly causes me to fall asleep randomly when I'm even a LITTLE tired, such as falling asleep standing up in the grocery store, doctors office waiting room, and in random places at home, where my kids have found me sprawled out on the kitchen floor, squatting down to pick up something and falling asleep in that position, and other frustrating, nerve wracking places. I finally went to the doctor a few weeks ago (I waited a long time because who REALLY minds losing weight easily and not having periods?) and he did blood work and a chest X-ray (I'm a smoker 😏), but all came back normal. I'm.taking energy boosting vitamins that don't help, I get plenty of sleep, and other than the chronic pain conditions, I'm pretty healthy. I kind of hoped something would show up on the labs, not because I want something to be wrong, but because I wanted something I could point to and say "This! This right here is what's wrong." But no, doc says everything looks good. Any ideas? All my hormone levels are normal, so my doc didn't really have much to offer.... do y'all? Any suggestions on what might be going on and whether to worry or just be grateful, would really help! Thank you in advance!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also, my sex drive is nearly kaput, which makes me feel awful for my husband, although he's been extremely understanding and wonderful. He just wants answers as much as I do... we've gone from being intimate every or every other day, to like once or twice a month max. Like I said, he's been wonderful, but it's another thing I'd like to resolve...
  • Posted

Sweetie you are suffering physical symptoms from emotional stress. I don't want to say it's normal but it's very typical. Especially the stress you have endured. Which by the way my heart hurts for you. I'll keep you in my prayers! I know seeing s therapist isn't the most appealing thing but if I were you I'd consider it. They maybe able to prescribe anti anxiety/anti depressants. I truly believe it would do you a world of good. Keep us posted. Good luck sweetie
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that....Im not sure if my opinion helps but just to let you know my last period was 4 years back or so and i didnt know what cause my period stopped... didnt see doctor for advise but have tried some vitamins that i searched online yet it didint work till i took 100% pure mangosteen juice in Jan 2016....tell you what my period is BACK in March ! Im super super happy... by the way... I'm not an expert  so i can only share what i have tried so far smile please seek an advise from your doctor before you try mangosteen juice. Good Luck smile

Here's some infos about mangosteen juice...

"Mangosteen is used for diarrhea, urinary tract infections (UTIs), gonorrhea, thrush, tuberculosis, menstrual disorders, cancerosteoarthritis, and an intestinal infection called dysentery. It is also used for stimulating the immune system and improving mental health."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.