3rd time all low!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 23 and have been put back on Iron, Folic acid and B12 for the third time now, finally been referred for an Endoscopy and no idea what that's going to come back saying but I was wondering my b12 levels were 260 four months ago and they're now 197 and all I've been told is to go to Boots and get some Multivitimins to treat this.. I feel so depressed, low and cannot be bothered to do anything, I cry everyday and am gettin exhausted just walking up stairs, is there any way with a level of 197 I could ask for the Doctor to give my injections back, as this is the third time it's been low as well and they're the only thing that have made me feel better.. I don't have pernicious anemia, but after taking Boots tablets they're not doing anything, I feel worse if anything!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clarejo

I have B12 def have injections every 3months my level goes up to the 600s when have this then drop to 300s when next due i still get all your symptoms crying, depression, fatigue and my ferritin level has dropped now get tingling in hands and face. Most docs dont know how to treat this, are you on face book as they have some B12 deficiency Groups and have people on there who have extensive knowledge on this and will help you, if not keep going back to GP and demand injection. your probably not absorbing the tablets. x

• Posted

Hi Clarejo

I have B12 def have injections every 3months my level goes up to the 600s when have this then drop to 300s when next due i still get all your symptoms crying, depression, fatigue and my ferritin level has dropped now get tingling in hands and face. Most docs dont know how to treat this, are you on face book as they have some B12 deficiency Groups and have people on there who have extensive knowledge on this and will help you, if not keep going back to GP and demand injection. your probably not absorbing the tablets. x

• Posted

Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to get off the medication until they can sort out the root of the problem. I have been on this for close to 3 years. The moment I get off ny meds my iron goes down again and all the symptoms start up within a month. I do understand your frustration believe me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.