3rd time with ovarian cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ever since I was young I suffered bad periods as I go older they have worsened I got advised to have the coil in which has been amazing but sept 2014 I had a big cyst removed from my right ovary pain free for a few months then the symptoms returned worse was rushed in for emergency surgery and had another ovarian cyst remover from my right ovary this was only 8 weeks ago but 4 weeks ago the pain returned went for a scan and I hve a 5.3 or 5.5cm cyst on my left ovary my surgeon wanted to remove my ovary with theast cyst but she left it due to me being so Young now it's on the other side I don't know what to do or what will happen! The pain is unreal I struggle to even stand some days can anyone give me advice

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lyndsey,

Your story is unbelievable!   I am 2 weeks post op from having both of my cysts and half of my left ovary removed.  My cysts were the size of a basketball and a baseball - both on my left ovary - about 11 inches total.  My gyno told me the likelyhood of them coming back is slim but from the sounds of it it's not as slim as she made it sound!

From my research, eating a plant based diet works wonders from preventing them from growing.  Our foods are injected with God knows what which throws out hormones totally out of whack.  I believe changing your diet will make a huge difference.   I'm trying to make the change as well.  It's a stuggle some days but it's much easier than having to be in hospital over and over.

I hope you begin to feel better soon ... xxx

• Posted

This is about my 5 cyst had another 2 on my left but they went away!! I'm exhausted with it I feel like I'm pregnant! I don't eat a lot as it is because I suffer from an ED im complementing going back to hospital today
    • Posted

If you are feeling that poorly please go back to the hospital!  That is no way to live
  • Posted

Hi Lyndsey,

Just came across this forum & wanted to write you. I'm Tristan btw, 36. I've been experiencing pelvic pain for years. Heavy periods as well! Very heavy and painful, the cramps nearly unbearable. It's been as if my life revolves around the ongoing pelvic pain. It became worse about 3-4 years ago, I figured I might have endometriosis since my sister also has it. I'd been considering a partial hysterectomy for a few years but wasn't satisfied with my previous ObGyn. I am now to my third ObGyn and thank god I found this Dr.!!!

Rather than dismiss my pain he was very thorough. First appt was the beginning of Aug. ~ I went in telling him I wanted a hysterectomy. He recommended that I have a laparoscopy to get rid of endometriosis if I have any and a "Hydro" Ablation where hot saline water is used to burn the lining of the uterus, reducing or stopping my periods completely. Although I will have to get my "tubes tied" during the laparoscopy. I'm not having children, so this option sounded like a good choice.

I followed up the next day with an ultrasound

(which was painful after & for the next few days) Then saw my new ObGyn for results.

The ultrasound came back abnormal, showing a 2cm fibroid on the lining of my uterus which can cause heavier periods. But it also showed that I have a Endometrial Ovarian Cyst that is the size of a grapefruit covering my right ovary.

I have to say I was sooo relieved something was found! I have been living with increasing pelvic pain for too long with no answers for the pain!

Giving your history with these Ovarian Cysts and the size I'm surprised your Dr's aren't doing more. That's so much to go through!

I'm sharing my recent info in hopes that it can be helpful to your situation. I am scheduled for surgery ~ a Laparoscopy still but he will be removing the Ovarian Cyst along with my right Ovary. He says that my left Ovary will still be able to make up for the lack of my right ovary & I will not need hormone replacement.

I'm new to this to some extent, but even if you are young and yes most Dr's don't want to remove a working organ if they don't have to. But I think in your case alot more can be done. You shouldn't have to live with this pain and have surgery after surgery. If your situation is anything like mine, I'm assuming that if one of your Ovaries were removed, you still could have children in the future if its something that you want.

Perhaps getting a second opinion or even a third could help you. The Dr/ObGyn I went to before my current OB, said that I just need to take birth control to stop my periods ? Had I listened to him I'd still be unaware of this Ovarian Cyst.

You have obviously been through enough as it is. You deserve to know the facts, your options

and decide if it's in your best interest to have your ovary removed or decide upon other options available. I know personally how painful having an Ovarian Cyst is. You shouldn't be in pain and then worry if another Cyst has formed.

I truly hope you find answers and are able to get feeling well as soon as possible!!!

Best wishes to you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.