4 Week post op check up

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my operation (anterior colporrhaphy with urethrocele repair and posterior colporrhaphy) on the 9th of January and last Tuesday was my 4 week post op check up. I was in and out of my urogynecolgists clinic in 5 minutes including undressing and dressing.He is very satisfied with the results, had and internal examination, wants me to see my gynecologist in a month. He gave me the go ahead for everything,including 'the function' as he put it ,as soon as I feel ready. I don't feel ready for anything yet, still have some stitches, feel swollen and get twinges now and then, so I'll definitely wait at least 2 more weeks and take it from there. It's reassuring to know that he's satisfied with the results because some days I was really freaking.He is a professer so I do have total confiance in his judgement. Hope we all fully recover quickly.

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I presume you aren't in the U.K. tam. I've never heard it called the function before 😂. You are right to wait, in my experience it's far too early because not only will it be painful for you but for your partner as well. Good news though that everything is going well. Will your Gynaecologist do another post op check, I just think 4 weeks is very early really? 

• Posted

You presumed right, I live in Israel (originally from South Africa) and I have never heard it called a function either,was rather funny.He wants me to see my gynecologist in a month and I will put everything off until then. I'm definitely not ready to go back to gym or heavy housekeeping or anything much else besides walking, and even then at my own pace. Thank you for the advice, I really do appreciate it.Wishing you a lovely weekend

• Posted

Glad to hear everything is going so well for you tam; pleases try remember it is early weeks yet and you may still need to take things easy for a while yet.

Phyl x

• Posted

Thanks Phyl,I will watch it. I can feel that my body is still tired and will try and listen to it as much as possible, not always easy as the weeks go by family seems to forget that it was only a month ago and that I still need time to recuperate.Hope you have a great weekend x
    • Posted

Thank you tam, enjoying a week's holiday from work. Hoping they have new chairs by the time I go back; most of them are broken and no proper back support which can be painful on the pelvic floor and is now causing spondylitis in my neck and shoulder.

Not easy protecting repair in work, different at home when we can sit down as and when needed on good supporting chair.

Such a long recovery journey, take as long as you need to recover properly as it's completely different feeling resonablly good at home and being at work on feet for hours or sitting without proper support.

Hope you enjoy your weekend too,

Take care,

X

• Posted

Hi, glad you got on so well. I had my op on 16th January so similar to you. I don't have check up until 6 weeks. I am still feeling shattered and can't do anything. No energy and still feeling swollen/weird. Do you feel anything like that? You sound great.

• Posted

Hi Jobobo, our surgery was close but every day counts for us to recuperate. I get tired some days more than others but I can definitely feel my energy coming back.I have to be careful because my family quickly forgets that I am still recovering when they see me getting back to chores.I defintely do still feel weird and swollen down there, the leaking has almost completly stopped but I feel twinges and pulling at times. My lower back gets sore and I get the feeling that I'm walking differently, my posture seems to have changed.Everyone is so different we must just listen to our bodies and heal properly xx

• Posted

Hi Tam, thanks for that. It's just so frustrating. Really hope it will all be worth it and nothing has gone wrong. I did a bit of washing yesterday but then felt wiped out rest of the day! It's hard taking it easy for so long!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.