4 weeks on Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I've just finished my fourth week on Sertraline, the first week was pretty horrible, increased anxiety, tight chest, twisted stomach feeling etc, then the second I felt surprisingly good, I was even waking up feeling good and looking forward to the day, that lasted about a week and since then however I've felt pretty rubbish. My question is is this still early days for me? Should I see my dr regards upping my dose or wait a while longer? Many thanks .... Luke

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luke, it seems like things get worse before they get better on this med. I been on it since 6/18. So I am in the same boat. Waiting until it kicks in. It can take any where from 6 to 8 weeks I been told for some. I am on my 3rd week (2 1/2 week mark) of my increase and some days are better then others. I was on 50 mgs and my dr put me on 100 which I thought might have been to soon but I did it anyways. Stick in there we ate on a journey to getting better. I have zanax to help with my anxiety. You may want to see if you can get help for the anxiety until it smooths out.
    • Posted

Hi Lyn, thanks for replying, I'll probably wait another 4 weeks until I increase, I'll chat with my dr next week. Thanks, stay strong
    • Posted

Think you should hang in there for at least 4 weeks before you increase.

lynda

• Posted

I will do, got an appointment with Dr on Wednesday but will ask him for his approval, thanks Lynda
    • Posted

How u doing now I'm on day 5 off increase feel crap increased anxiety can't eat can't sleep feel like I'm going crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.