4 Weeks post anterior repair

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had excruciating discomfort in my vulvar area for nearly 10 days. Have been seen by gp, emergency Gynae clinic last Thursday and have had a swab taken, urine test and been prescribed Oestrogen cream. Day four using cream and no relief from the burning sensation (like having a nappy rash). I am seeing my surgeon on Wednesday. Also feel as if bladder is still prolapsing a bit.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

Im sorry to hear your discomfort. Have you tried natural virgin coconut oil. It is pure natural and vry healing. I am in the process of booking for my anterior repair. I dont have any symtoms only a bulge and feeeling im carrying a golf ball between my legs lol. how did the actusall surgey go for you apart from the issue you have now? blessings for a speedy healing.

• Posted

Hi the surgery went well. Worst part was having a catheter and vaginal pack in. Seemed to be huge when she took it out the next morning. Five weeks on Tuesday but healing down below seems to be slow.
    • Posted

Hi.. 5 weeks is still early days though... we all heal differently dont we. with the packing and catheter was it just uncomfortable rather than pain? my fear is the cathertar, the thought of it makes me feel queezy!!
    • Posted

Catheter was okay.  I did not sleep much during the night due to the pack and the catheter being in me as catheter pulled when I moved in bed and the pack felt like I had a huge tampax half in and out eek. The nurse removed the catheter half an hour before she removed the pack. Hardly noticed the catheter when it came out but the pack cry was a bit like one of those magicians that does the never ending hanky out of sleeve trick. Tears to eyes. What a relief to have it out though. 
    • Posted

brings tears to my eyes too.. its amazing whatyou can getup there! did you have any problems wit your blader afterwards. ie read the bladder doesnt like t be bothered with.. i have shivers just thinkingofit.iam having an anterior repair without mesh so it will be stitched back and everthing held in proper place. theworst is being off for 6 weeks, thatwill be very hard for me.
    • Posted

My job is quite heavy work in an art/technology department in a school. I have been signed off for 12 weeks. What do you do that you will be able to go back as soon as 6 weeks post operation
    • Posted

I work in a ladies boutique. im wondering now if my urogyna is being nice telling me it will be 6 weeks. I am worried as im dont know if i can finacially manage any longer sad
    • Posted

It all depends on what you do as a job. You say you work in a shop so would either be walking around lots or standing. I would think six weeks off of work is not long enough. I work in a school as an art/technology technician and am having three months off as do not want my prolapse repair to fail as I haven't given it the best chance
    • Posted

Hope your feeling better Barbara.. Any advice for me with my op

in April? Can I use any creams for soreness if needed? I hate the

Thought of being knocked out.weird feeling.x

• Posted

I think I would advise not to use creams down there if you can avoid it. Having not found any definite reason for my post operative discomfort and ulcers, I am wondering if it was a reaction to one of the creams I was using.
  • Posted

Thanks Barbara.. I so hope so as i cant manage financially if i have to be off to long. if i had to then i will. never had surgerybefore that you ar off for so long. had gallbladder out last year but it was keyhole so i was off for 1 week then just sittingat workfor a few weeks after.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.