4 weeks post op - open surgery inguinal hernia mesh repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all... just looking for advice really. Had Open repair left side with mesh just 4 weeks ago and making good progress apart from slight groin numbness and a small amount of pain... Yesterday while in my car..I had to brake sharpish and felt sharp pain in my tum where hernia was repaired.. nothing major... but today I'm really struggling with pain... feel like I've gone back a week in my recovery.. do you think the quick movement has caused any damage..?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't sound good. Better give the doctor a call...better safe than sorry.

Best wishes!

• Posted

Thank you Susan...I was just saying to Lucy..Im going to see if it settles down... will go back to docs if still in pain... think I might of probably done too much as well.. need to chill.... you think you're better as pain subsides but forget your insides are still healing..
  • Posted

Was this surgery a second surgery? Doesn't sound good so I would check with the doctor. Hope all is okay!
    • Posted

No.. first surgery Lucy...going to see if it settles down.... thank you 😊
  • Posted

Don't push it. 4weeks. Ok. 6weeks to heal. Do not try picking up anything heavy.Unfortunately for me. I got abadright side u guinol hernia surgery dr sucked. I do be leave. I have nerve damage. Live I Daytona beach fl. On workers comp. going on 12 weeks post op. Awaiting 2nd opinion. Good Luke to you. Mines turned upside down. 55 year old healthy active til this. This sucks. Not trying to scare ya

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.