40mg Cirt - think i may need something for ' odd episodes' diazapam poss ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

ill keep brief , had lots of changes in meds , now on Cit 40mg was on 20mg for a few days and then straight to 40mg . i have still get odd panic / anxiety attacks, so sometimes feel i need an odd bit of extra help ? i have gp in a few weeks and dont know whether to mention it - does anyone else have similar 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Takes two months or so to settle down
    • Posted

I've been on them about 6/7 week. But been on different ssri since Dec. I feel they have taken the edge away but at really bad moment esp at work I feel I sometimes need a Little more I.e when I have a panic attack x
    • Posted

CIT is not meant to take away your emotions. It just helps you to deal with problems. If you are in a bad situation you need to get out of it. Help yourself
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on 20mg of cit. asked my GP for diazepam and she refused. Said they are addictive and I don't need anymore problems. People say they make you feel numb and knock you out so probably best without.
    • Posted

Thats great advice Amy I was on dizazepam and its very strong its a 50 year old tranquilizer but yes addictive apparently give the cita a chnace its working great for me! take care.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

Try to relax (as best you can) and allow Cita to do its job. It takes time, how long? This on may things, but primarily we are all different and therefore no definitive answer on that one I am afraid.

Keep your Dr up to date with everything while you are on this "sticking plaster for the brain", discuss and she/he and you will decide which is the best route to take.

I am over 8 months down in on 40mg and going to start a very slow and gradual reduction at the weekend.

Panic attacks, anxiety are side effects of Cita as it cause anxiety to be able to treat it (even like me you didn't think you suffered from it!). There is nothing else, but to go with the flow and keep posting here. You will get some good advice, support from experienced people.

Welcome to the Club!

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I take the cit for anxiety / panic attacks and depression . Today I had a little wobble at work so I just took myself upstairs for ten min. But it's the time when it all gets too much it's like I need a little extra . I've done relaxing cbt etc already too . Was offered a slot for counselling today but school holidays are due and ill have no childcare . So they're going to ring end of Aug that's forever away though sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.