40mg struggle

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know I've been through this before but it does'nt make the struggle any easier, the feeling of apathy, no energy, dark thoughts of impending death on a daily basis, scarey. Foggy headed, lethargic blah blah blah, why does it take so long to work???? Im trying to motivate myself to get off my butt and go a wander on the shore, some fresh air in the lungs. But I can't be bothered. Thankfully I have no work at the moment because I just would not do it. Oh dear, what a life huh....

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi David

I've been on flu for over a year I have no intention of coming off it ever. It took about six months to feel better. I am by no means a happy happy person but the fear and dread I suffered on a daily basis has gone. When I think of the way I used to be I am thankful for the medication that gave me my life back. Yes there are side effects like tiredness and some people try to frighten you with tales of how they will damage your brain etc. To me isome people need flu to keep them on an even keel.

Stick in David you know it will get better

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda,

so are you still tired every day?  I am on 40 mg just finished 13 weeks...lethargy is a big daytime side effect for me.

• Posted

How long have you been on it? I started to help ease those horrible thoughts, and 2 weeks in they're already more manageable.
  • Posted

I know just what you mean, David. It's horrible isn't it. It took me 8 mo. to get all the way better and sometimes still have the off day. Just hanging in there, taking it one day at a time and keep on talking with the wonderful people here. It will get better! smile
  • Posted

How long did it take you to feel better the first time you took Flu? The first time I took it I was better within 6 weeks loving live. This time it's been 8 months and I'm better but no where near where I want to be sad I didn't have the side effects before either. This time I feel so tired and unmotivated. I wish I could go back and never have stopped it.
    • Posted

The 1st time round it took around 8-12 weeks to feel any definite change for the better, and it did improve to a point where I was very happy with life, sadly my doctor stopped my treatment thinking the fluoxetine was possibly causing a liver enzyme problem, in the end that wasn't the case so here I am 4 weeks today on the 40mgs again. Like yourself in an ideal world I would never have stopped taking them in the 1st place, but I had no choice. So the struggle continues, having to constantly remind myself that it will get better, eventually. Hang in there Nicole, things can only get better....... cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi, Nicole. You are on such a low dose and when you can increase you will get so much better. I finally got alot better. I think the new job also helped, getting me out of the house along with plenty of exercise. When is your due date?
    • Posted

Thanks Karen! I'm so happy your doing better! I'm sure the job def helped. I know when I'm at work I don't think about it as often. I can't wait to get this baby weight off and get back to my running and yoga. My anxiety has been high the closer it gets worrying about getting worse. I'm due Nov 28th but I have been having some early labor symptoms! Prayers for a healthy delivery and no ppd smile
    • Posted

Thanks David! Are intrusive thoughts part of depression and do they go away with Prozac. Last time mine went away but this time they are still lingering. rolleyes
    • Posted

oh, i also am on 5 mg--not because i am pregnant-lol--but because i choose to start out very slowly due to the side effects of the higher dosages-i am a little concerned if 5 mg. will be an effective does as is so low, BUT so far i find i feel real good and it is taking the edge off of my irritability/blah feeling---i dont want to increase unless i have to--i would go no higher than 10, for myself-so i am amazed when i see the high dosages most r taking ! no wonder all of the side effects! have to weigh with the benefits
    • Posted

Intrusive thoughts can definitely be apart of depression (as I have found out) but they may also be caused by ocd as well. I've been on Prozac for 2 weeks and have already found that the intrusive thoughts are a lot more manageable!
    • Posted

I have been on 5mg for 8 months and will increase to 7.5 then 10mg after the baby. I took Prozac after a traumatic miscarriage and only took 10mg so I'm hoping it's the magic dose for me.
    • Posted

I'm hoping its just the depression because I never had them before except after both miscarriages rolleyes
    • Posted

I am sure you will do fine going up on your dose so slowly. I will definitely be praying for the birth and for quick recovery, both physically and mentally! I know this is easy to say and almost impossible to do, but try not to worry. Things will definitely improve. Just take it one day at a time. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.