5 1/2 months off prozac and still feeling terrible

Posted , 3 users are following.

I stopped a 20mg a day dose of prozac overnight at the beginning of April and I'm still feeling terrible. Lots of physical symptoms - headaches, brain fog, drowsiness being the main ones. I had to stop suddenly as it was making me feel terrible being on it. I had been on it for 2 years and 3 months. Is this withdrawal pattern normal? I had hoped to be feeling ok by now. I'm meant to be doing a PhD but can barely function.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have to taper off Prozac if you have been on it this long,you are having withdrawal symptoms 
  • Posted

Sometimes it takes awhile i was on 20mg for a year

Stopped in April too im just starting to feel semi normal again still got mild dp/dr. Everyones different might take you longer than others. Try to stay positive and take it day by day I promise you get better.

• Posted

HI,

Did your libido return after stopping?

Alex, pssd sufferer

• Posted

HI,

Did your sexual functioning restore after quitting? How long did it take?

I was off for 3 months last time I quit and still no improvent. I have pssd...a very common condition...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.