5 days out of surgery and still no functions o f legs. Anyone recovered from this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

RSS

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Ascending aneurysm replaced with Dacron tube or graf.
    • Posted

I dint know then.  My husband had an abdominal aneurysm repaired with a stent graf 3 months ago.  He is doing good.  Hope your doctors can find the problem and help you.  I haven't read much about complications from the surgery.  By the way, indontbknow how I got onto this site.  I live in U.S.

• Posted

meant I don't know.  Not typing very good.

• Posted

Good Morning, I have the ascending aorta as well, but surgery will be November 1.  I'm sorry you are having issues with your legs, and of course, I need to know what to look forward to in this surgery and any effects it has on the body.  Would appreciate any info you can share with me.  Hope you heal well.

• Posted

X

• Posted

Still experimenting with forum replies.

• Posted

2014 I had a ascending aorta dissection. Felt like someone stook a red hot powker into the center of chest and out the back.

They performed stenography, cut open aorta, and made sure flaps were sewn up, and no chance of any artery blockages

• Posted

Most of the damage was on the descending side, which requires a different entry point. Nothing life treating at the time. But sure did feel life treating. Could only talk with Horst voice. Could not lay down or stand up. Just stayed on knees. Very painful.
    • Posted

Two years latter after getting blood pressure and smoking under control, descending anyrism detected on annual CT scan.
    • Posted

Aorta expanded to 7cm. Risk of rupture around 6cm. Scheduled surgery next two weeks. Friday 8/19 /2016

• Posted

Today is Friday Aug 26, 2016.

They go in on the side. Replaced my aorta with Dacron tube. So far so good for the aorta. Have not been able to move legs since surgery. Looking into rehab.

• Posted

Wow!  What a trip!  Are you handling all this ok?  My elective surgery is scheduled for November 1, in Houston.  Did you mean surgery date is September???  You posted August 19...OR within 2 weeks from August 19?  So sorry you are having more than one surgery....I'm hoping mine will just be this one and no more. Prayers for you to get well.....

• Posted

I'm reading that going in on the side is more painful than open chest.  What is your opinion?  Also, have the doctors explained why you are having issues with your legs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.