5 MONTHS LATER...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

I posted a story about worrying if my former boyfriend gave me anything.

In short, I talked about how he took his medicine and we were careful. Our relationship was on the rocks, and one day we had a "scare" that resulted in me leaving and us breaking up.

He turned out to be a total poop head anyway. I know I'm not quite out of the woods. But I haven't had a out break, or and severe pain in the soon to be 6 months since. I know there is still a chance I can have it. But I think it's like 5% if the medication is taken and caution was to be had.

I'm going to get tested on the first of April and I'm really stressing out now!!

I don't want to live in my head too much about the results because I don't want to end up psychologically feeling like I'm having an outbreak now after all this time. Again I haven't see a sore, felt a tingle. In any places on my body.... But I know there is STILL a chance.. Hence why I'm getting tested.

Some support and good juju would be more than a blessing for me during this time.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Sally,

I think you are wayyy over thinking this. You guys were careful and he was on his meds and you've not had one sign. RELLAXXX.. As hard as it is, even if you do have it, worrying can't get rid of it, so there really is no use in worrying. Good luck!

• Posted

Yeah I need to relax.

It hard to though when I'm told one thing then another. I mean everyone is different. I just know for a fact that I haven't felt any gut wrenching pain as many people described on this site and various others.

Then I read how I could have an outbreak and not even know It?

It makes me want to punch something.

Out of the people's stories I read and spoke to, the pain stood out to them.

It's just tough now when all I can do is wait and wait. Wondering if I'm going to wake up in pain the next day. Or am I going to see swelling or sores.

• Posted

Well, this is true... 85% of people are asymptomatic or their symptoms are so mild, that they think they blow it off or think it is something else like thrush, razor burn, heat rash, ingrown hairs, etc.. Herpes doesn't always come out in the "text book" manner you think.

Of course you only read about the horrid pain on here. The other 85% don't experience pain like this and don't know they have it, so why would they post? Even if they do know they have it, they usually don't post if they are asymptomatic, because it is easy to forget what doesn't bother you. They aren't reminded like most of us on this forum, that they have herpes. I am a rare situation. I have symptoms every single day.

W that said, the likely hood of you having it, is so low...may I ask what made you still continue the relationship w knowing his status, if it stressed you out so much? Is that all you thought about during sex? I'd imagined it caused great distress to your relationship.

• Posted

I knew his status. But I didn't want it to be a huge factor I guess?

We did what we had to do when it came to that, but I really liked his heart(at the time) and I wanted to give us a chance.

I didn't

Think about it much during sex. Because I trusted him and the first thing he did every morning was take his medicine.

I think those people who don't feel it as much, should post.

Have it or not, my heart really goes out to people who deal with that pain.

• Posted

How long did it take for him to tell you? I've not dated anyone long enough since getting it to tell someone and I fear rejection. I've just spoken about herpes in general w one guy and based on his reaction, there just was no way I was going to tell him.

So you think had he passed it to you, that you'd thrown it in his face? Sorry it didn't work out. I think that is great that you looked past that w him and gave him a chance. Hope more people are like you out there.

There was someone who posted on here last year, who found out she had herpes, because the person her bf was cheating on her w called and told her. So she went and got tested and came back positive. She was reeling from the results, because she had no idea if she had it before him or if he gave it to her, as she said she had not one single sign or symptom to indicate it. She was very confused by it. Maybe try googling I have asymptomatic herpes and learned I have it from testing. That may pull up some forums about it. Although I will say, I'm not sure that's a good idea. You are letting your anxiety rule you and even when you read that, alls it will do is feed your anxiety further and make you start to believe you may have it and just be asymptomatic. Seriously.. I doubt you have it. When is your test?

• Posted

It was about 30 days or more.

If he did? Uhm I don't think I'd throw it in his face. I mean the only thing I could get him on, would be not taking his medicine consistently.

But other than that I knew. So I can't play victim. My test is on the first of April , although once I take it it, I have to wait for results. Which could be even more stressful.

• Posted

Did you need time to think about it when he told you or were you fine w it from that moment on?

I really think you're needlessly worrying. I can tell you that until you arw blue in the face and a 100 more people, but I don't think you will relax until you get your results. What is promting you to be tested now suddenly?

• Posted

I took a blood test yesterday. I explained my situation to the nurse.... She made me feel okay about things. But apparently if I don't hear from them ever... I shouldn't worry... Soo I have ten days to wonder then after that I'm in the clear. But now that I've tested I'm way less stressed out.
    • Posted

They say ten days, but I usually call them in 3 days and the results are back. If they aren't, then I check back in every two days, because I do not like waiting for the call.
    • Posted

So I'll call back Monday or Tuesday so I can at least have the weekend.
    • Posted

My boyfriend of 5 years, just received his test results today. The doctor says that he has both 1 & 2 and showing old markers of antibodies. I had my tests done 3 months ago, and it came positive, showing no old markers and way less than his percentage. He and his ex wife swore up and down that I had given it to him. But I only have simplex 1 and prior to meeting him and once again before becoming intimate, I was tested, then retested for everything 6 months later, and both times came back negative. He would never get tested before last week, and his ex refuses to completely. He only had gotten tested because after our first time a few months ago, I refused to be intimate again after weeks of feeling tingling on my lips and seeing, what appeared to look like blisters on his penis. Is it safe to say that I had gotten this from him, especially if I hadn't been sexually active with anyone else in 10 years and all paps or tests came back negative each year prior to being with him?

• Posted

I am a person with asymptomatic so far..I went to the doctor to find out about my infected tonsils and ended up with a genital herpes. My blood shows no new infections but apparently I had it for over 6 months.even tho I know where I got it from (now) I haven't had any crazy symptoms to speak of.
    • Posted

Oh that's crazy.

I have no infected tonsils or anything like that. I've primarily been pretty healthy.

• Posted

Then try to keep yourself occupied until your results come back. You'll drive yourself crazy. Ask for me I wish I had some emotion to express at this time. I really feel like the walking dead I think that's the best way to explain this feeling. Last night I had the most amazing dream and then I woke up.
    • Posted

Wow jason, I had no idea you were asymptomatic. Do you have HSV 2? So you've never experienced any strange sensations on your genitals?

Why do you feel like you're in a trance? Have you recently received this news? I think that is normal to feel that way. I think the people who are asymptomatic, tend to stay in a state of shock longer in the grieving process, than someone who has symptoms. It is in our face, so we have to deal w it. So although I can't relate, as I've never felt the same since I've had it, I could only imagine.

I wish I was asymptomatic, because at this rate, I question if I will be able to have a sex life when I am ready to be in a relationship again.

• Posted

I found out Saturday.... Doctor put me on meds. But I decided imma stop taking them to see if the virus starts attacking.
    • Posted

Why would you be in meds if you had no symptoms? Is this for oral herpes? HSV 1 right?
    • Posted

So I dodged a huge bullet. Not completely however, I got my results back and though I'm free of hsv2 I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I'm going to get my prescription today after work.

Thank you for your support and honest words feelbroken!!

• Posted

That's great news! I knew you were totally over thinking this! Where did the chlamydia come from though? That was kinda random. Did you have no symptoms? Good thing it's treatable.

Glad I was able to be of assistance and support. Good luck and don't trust your new love to know he's clear too. Make him get tested for everything and know he has to specifically ask for a heroes tests to get it.

• Posted

That's what I was thinking. Very random. But I'm so glad it's treatable. I really never noticed the symptoms. I looked them up but the abdominal pains could be as common as being constipated.

This whole time I was feeling pain in my lower back I thought it was stress but with the frequent need to pee I assumed it was a bladder infection or kidney.

But low and behold.... It's clhymidia.

• Posted

I have a feeling I had it for a while so yeah... Which concerns me because the longer you have it the more damage it can do to your reproductive system

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.