5 months post op.over the fall, and the bath incident all is good had to tell you all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi to everyone who knows me, l am now 5 moths p/o and over the bad fall l had 3 wks ago almost all the swelling has gone and l am able to resume my exercise.l am bk to work 2 mths coping well with my now 3x11 hr shifts.l am off the painkillers which were for my knee now 3 days, l still take my fibromyalgia meds which are for nerve pain,but l am feeling good, l still have a bit of pain but it is manageable, and the best of all l attempted to have a bath tonight even though l said l would never put my hubby through getting me out again, l was able to lower myself down no problem and to get out we put a small bath aid stool in which l was able to lift myself onto then stand. I am so happy as the bath l so missed because it helped with my Fibro pain.To everyone who is starting this horrible journey please don't despair because now l can see the light and l now am actually glad l had my TNR surgery, that is something l thought l would never say. I can climb stairs with no knee pain my other knee is not too happy and l will have that done when l have gone past my first year. I do my exercise regime without fail and my exercise bike has become my best friend, l do 3 ten minute sessions daily it now feel like an enjoyment rather than a painful motion. I hoped this has helped the forum followers l will keep posting, good luck everyone and remember there is light at the end of the tunnel HONESTLY.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

So glad you got over the fall, this op is hard enough to recover from without all that worry.

We had our bath taken out and a walk in wet room put in,but I miss my bath.

Onwards and upwards!

• Posted

Hi bling bling smile

So glad things are going well for you - with a lot of effort obviously, but great that it's paying off.

I am only a couple of days short of 6 weeks post op, so no comparison really.....but like you I am already beginning to feel the benefit. We left our bath in, although I haven't been able to use it for maybe five or six years ( just have an over the bath shower). I would love a good relaxing soak, so here's hoping!

Thanks for your lovely positive post smile

• Posted

That is fantastic news.  Wish you were totally pain free, but at least the worry of your knee is over.  When you are at work, try and put your feet up every now and then.  

Wishing you continued good health x

• Posted

Hi sueisobel, if only l could rest in between, if anything l have been working longer hours as we have been short staffed,it has been very challenging as the calls l am going to at the moment need me to keep going up and down stairs but l look at this as good because my property is all on one level so l need to be doing stairs, l hope you are progressing well and that u too are seeing the benefit from surgery, take care keep posting.
    • Posted

Are you managing to rest in the evening??  With your feet up!! Have you ever heard of Argon Oil foot pack. Have been gardening all day and have just tried one.  You are supposed to wear them for 20 minutes, have had mine on for 35 mins and they feel soooo nice, shame the feeling does not reach the knees, but I guess we can't have everything.  To say take it easy, is an understatement, but support hose might make life easier..

Surgery did not work for me, but am able to keep the pain to a minimum on most days. Take care of yourself, look after your knees and keep smiling xxx

• Posted

Hi, l had to reply when l read that surgery did not work for you it really upset me because you write some great postings and give positive feedback to everyone, what happened ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.