5 weeks and nothing!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been on Orlistate for 5 weeks have lost nothing. I'm doing everything it sAys on the tin. Working out, less that 5g fat per 100g but nothing. I didn't have any toilet issues for a few weeks but I have recently seen the occasional side effect. Can everyone loose weight with Orlistate? I have a holiday in November and I'm getting married in February so I have decided to give it another couple weeks and see how it goes. I can't spend too long on this if it doesn't work as I don't want to be a fat bride.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm new to it.and I didn't think it was working as I had no toilet issues ;Then I started to get a few.i know it's because I over did it with fatty food...big mistake. All I can say is thank goodness I was at home. Lesson learnt...I'm looseing slowly. ..practically everyone I've read about has lost or got to goal...BUT for some few people it doesn't work...did you get yours via the doctor?
  • Posted

Yeah, I got it on prescription. I'm not given up yet. I'm gonna keep taking them and following the rules and see what happens
    • Posted

1.Porridge for breakfast

2.Fruit for mid morning

Veggie omelette or protein salads or low fat noodles veg and protein

3.Natral high protein low fat yogurt for afternoon snack

4. Veg and chicken for dinner.

I EAT ALL MY MEALS FROM A SMALL PLATE!!!!

• Posted

Hi I have read what you eat and you do seem to be doing the right things BUT are you drinking enough water? At least 2 litres per day, don't give up-I'm losing very slowly but its definately working, it may take  a while to show results, also you need to up the excercise, even walking will show results
    • Posted

Thankyou I'm definitely not drinking that much so I will up my water intake...thankyou.x
    • Posted

Waters good, I have a 2liter bottle and I try to drink that at work and drink more before and after work. I also go to the gym 3 or 4 times a weeks.

Im not giving up just yet

• Posted

Hi

Couple things, ba careful not to slip into too much water as it does fill you. I got to 7 litres a day, before I read an article on killing yourself, by drinking too much , when you well I automatically assumed it healthy.

Don't forget your kidneys have to work on the water and you can damage. About 2 litres then a cuooa or 2 I now find to be better, I can eat, as i'm not to full.

you will know with Orlistat if you have overdone fatty foods, we recently had a couple days away and ate a lot of fat without knowing, (my general rule is less than 4% fat per 100g). Anyway over did it, I was so glad we were back home as the side effects (first time in 2 years I have had anything like it) were horrid My stomach pain was horrible and I was getting rid of pure bright orange fat, it stinks!

The toliet was left greasy so I was having to clean that every time I went and it was often.

Settled back down back to normal lifr and my normal style foods now so happysmile

Pain is gone and I dare to go out now .

Good Luck it does work, slowly, which is the best way, your Dr would not have you on it if they could see no reason. 

So eaat healthy and carry on, the more physical exercise the better.

• Posted

Hi omg the comment about the side effects Sooo true. .I went over board this sat just gone .thinking I will be fine as I'd been ok so far. . All I can say was I'm so lucky I was home. No control of oil leakage ..and yes it's orange floats on water . Anyone who thinks these tablets are not working ...THEY SURE DO LOL
    • Posted

I agree 2-3 litres per day for optimum health and of course not at once,try to drink a glass of water every hour, good for your skin too.
  • Posted

Everyone says they work and I have had the side effects a few times so I know they do but why isy weight not going down. My muscles and fat weigh more or less the same as they did 5 weeks ago. It makes me so sad to see sooooay people loosing and I haven't lost a thing. I even started a food diary and I'm eating the right things. Maybe my body just doesn't work.... :-(
    • Posted

Don't get down you are doing all the right things...we all know everybody is different but I understand that doesn't help how You feel....I have my first weigh in at the Dr's end of July but I am worried because it's others that say they can see a difference on the scales and mine are not good ones...I don't seem to have lost anything... I've heard of others who said for weeks on end nothing then all of a sudden it started to come off..I've sometimes thought to myself that being slim is something only others can achieve and not me....but I'm not giving up ever because I know I can't settle for feeling like a second class citizen...best wishes.x
    • Posted

Good luck for the end of July weigh in. I hear what your saying. I don't want to give up. I just want to be happy and not hot and uncomfortable in my clothes
    • Posted

Let us all know how you get on. We're all here to support each other...I know you will get there....good luck.
  • Posted

Its a long journey-we didn't put the weight on overnight so it won't go away that quick either, we will ALL GET THERE  but in different ways, I love reading this blog as it encourages me I'm (we're) not alone... keep it up we WILL get there in the end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.