5 weeks and suffering

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm in my 5th week at 40mg, the waves of anxiety are awful. I have been given diazepam to help but this feels so bad, I need to know it's going to stop!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes it will stop.  You need to count recovery in months not weeks.  It takes most people around 3-4 months before they start feeling any improvement, and it can take many more months after that for it all to ease.  During that time the anxiety will still come in waves, but it won't be intense like you're feeling now.  It will lessen as time goes by mixed with feelings of real enjoyment.

40mg is quite a high dose, and especially so early on.  A lot of people recover on 20mg, some 30mg ...... and many do find a high dose too much to bear.

Taking a higher dose doesn't make recovery come any quicker.  Everyone suits different doses dependent on their body, but if you're finding your side effects really hard maybe ask your doctor about a lesser dose.

These meds are really good ... but you do need to be really persistent with them and have lots of patience.  It's a long slow process ... but the end result is great! 😄❤️

K xx

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I will see about changing my dose. This truly the hardest thing to get through,😢
  • Posted

I'm in my fifth week of  my increase and wondering when you saw improvement after increase?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.