5 weeks on Prozac, still anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on Prozac for an anxiety disorder. I'm at week 5 and I'm still jittery and anxious throughout the day. At what week did you stop feeling anxiety?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've just starting my 5th week and suddenly feeling much better. Sleeping well, more relaxed, clearer head, more energy and motivation and generally feeling happier. It's been a strange 'journey' up to now but hope to continue to feel as I do today. 

Sounds like improvement and recovery are a long process but one which, I'm sure, will be worth it. 

Good luck and stay positive xx

• Posted

Hi Julian, 

yes I feel great! When I drove to work this morning my brain felt empty (haha, in a good way). It's normally crammed full of thoughts buzzing around of how I'm to manage everything I need to do. A bit like when a kitchen cupboard is overfilled with no room for anything else - And if you do try to put something else in the cupboard, there will be a landslide with everything tumbling out. 

I realised that's how my head has felt, no room for anything and if anyone asked anything of me, I felt utterly overwhelmed. Unfortunately, even my relationship became too much. But today it's like the cupboard has had a spring clean with lots of space for clear thoughts and clarity, amazing. It must be years since I've felt like this and didn't notice it sneaking up on me. Thank goodness I was offered the medication. 

How are you doing Julian? I hope things are improving for you too smile 

• Posted

That's amazing! So glad it's working for you smile Had my first great day yesterday, but I've been feeling anxious all day today sad
    • Posted

Glad to hear about yesterday but sorry today's not been so good. Make sure you get lots of rest. You will get there - these things take a while and finding the right meds/therapist etc. I'm sure once you recover, you will be set up for life with the knowledge of how to cope if this type of thing begins to happen again. So don't worry about recovery - You can do it! It just takes time. Look after yourself, take care and stay positive smile 
    • Posted

Well done Sophia - you're SO on the road to recovery, eh?!

Brill!

Anne x

• Posted

Hi Jenna, for some people it can take a pretty long time to even start to feel better. You are still very early on. Keep taking it one day at a time and you will eventually start to feel better. There are a lot of people just like you here, so keep in touch and read other posts. It will get you through the tough times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.