5 weeks out after open myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

It is 5 weeks since I had a bikini line open myomectomy.  Had 1 orange sized fibroid in all layers of my uterus.  My doctor said the location was making my bleeding particularly heavy. I had tried to avoid surgery for the 6 years that I experienced symptoms. I just couldn't keep from being very anemic.  I ended up needing a blood transfusion as my hemoglobin was at 6. A few days after the transfusion I had the surgery.  It was all done quickly to prevent another period as they where getting increasingly heavy. I am happy to report that my period was only 5 days and no cramps! My anemia is going away quickly!  My scar is still swollen and gets worse the more tired I get (which is surprisingly quickly).  My sleep is still off and there is a little pain. But it seems normal considering it is a major surgery.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aimee, I am a week out of an open myomectomy and asking for recipe advice from others as to wat they experienced.
    • Posted

Hello Albrin, 1 week out is tired, tired, tired.  Hard to sleep. It really helps to hug a pillow when sleeping on your side. Eat well and take it easy. I was very swollen and sore. But walking helps alot too.
  • Posted

Hi Aimee, bikini line myomectomy was the best to have saved me from bleeding heavily. I had mine some years ago but then l still remember the few hinges l had with my scar but eventually it got healed and l hardly see any scar now. All symptoms such as pains, cramps, aneamia, bleeding etc vanished few weeks after the op. 

You will be fine. Take your drugs religiously and keep to your your surgeon's instruction on how to take care of the scar. Hope you will be ok soon.

• Posted

Hi Aimee

Glad to hear you are doing well.  I am 9 weeks post op after having a myomectomy with a vertical scar. I had 7 fibroids removed but they couldn't remove all.  My scar still bothers me with a strange tingly feeling.  Sleep is doing better.  As time is passing i am getting better.

Wish you all the best

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.