5 years and the nexplanon is coming out tomorrow!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, I've had the Nexplanon for 5 years in total ( obv this is my 2nd one) I suffer with - Anxiety, depression, spots, greasy skin , mood swings and MASSIVE weight gain. My first implant sent me from a size 10 to a size 16 border line 18 (I'm 21 so this isn't normal). My second implant I dropped down to a size 12-14. But the past few months everything's got worse. I'm having the implant out tomorrow. I honestly believe the implant is to blame for everything. No matter what I eat or how much Exercise I do I'm either gaining weight or staying the same. So I'll keep you all updated on how things go after removal and let you know what contraception I've changed to. Any questions ask me! Kelly smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

---Oh sorry forgot to mention CONSTANT bleeding! Which was pill controlled but made my moods worse and still had spot bleeding---
  • Posted

Hi Kelly

I had my nexplanon implant removed in August as I had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I really don't think the implant should be available, it's caused me so much trouble. So it was definitely the best decision and I'm finally back to myself, no mood swings and anxiety is much better. My skin has cleared up and my hair is alot healthier. The only down side is that it can take a while for your cycle and hormones to balance out again. My GP told me it usually takes around 3 cycles before it is back to normal, just something to keep in mind but if your going straight onto a different contraception it might not be a problem at all. Also I have read that once the implant is removed, all the weight gained just falls off. This wasn't the case for me and I've had to work for it but it's so nice to actually see results rather than working out and continuing to gain weight like I was before the implant was removed.

I hope everything goes well and you get back to normal soon!

Sarah ?

Xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah, yeah I totally agree the implant should not be available, even the nurse who removed mine said the same! It's only been four days and already I feel better, my skins cleared up already and I just all over feel better in myself. Im now on the combined pill ( 21 days in 7 off) and the nurse said its different to the hormones in the implant so fingers crossed!

• Posted

So 8 months down the line and ive decided. THATS IT!

No more controlling my body with horomones! 

After 3 months on the combined pill and nothing but bleeding i was put on the mini pill (Norethindrone to be exact) and ive had nothing but problems since.

My skin is worse than ever, spots all over my back, neck , shoulders and face.

My moods are horrendous , my sex drive is ZILCH and i have periods ( which i was told wouldnt happen on this perticular pill)

Frankly im fed up of 7 years of my life being consumed by implants and tablets so i have now ordered the Natural Cycles kit. No horomoes , no tablets no nothing. Just me , my body and my own horomones! If youre interested look on their website. It sounds promising to me and at the moment im willing to try anything!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.