50mg leaves me sleepy all day

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am taking 50mg pm and it's knocking me out but I can take 200 at 7pm and I am fine help? I also take 2mg diazapam

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest experimenting on how late you can take it and still be okay the next. Lyrica builds up in your system over time. It has a 6 hour half life. My GP originally instructed me to start taking at bedtime then move to taking both day and night. I could not do that because I had the same problem as you. So, I started taking it in the morning, but I was not working at the time. If I had been working I would have taken it after work. My GP said most people stop taking it because the side effects. I was lucky to be unemployed.

The best thing is most side effects for me were gone in 2 weeks. And all most all in a month.

Thus drug saved my life. It stopped my panic attacks, I am more outgoing than I have been my entire life and each week the pain got less and less. After 5 months the pain is still getting better every week. GOOD LUCK!!!

• Posted

Trying again, first day about 50mg thick head all day I am terrible with new meds
  • Posted

Hi Zerodark. I'm on 600mg a day for anxiety and at first found I was too sleepy during the day. I was in the midst of a 8 month schizophrenic break down when I started taking it, so luckily I was off work at the time.

After about 4 weeks I was less sleepy (my other meds make me drowsy to) and I was back to how I was before I started the pregabalin. I'm now back at work and if it wasnt for this med I wouldnt be able to cope. I'd reccomend trying to stick with it, as the side effects will ease and lift. The only side affect I have now (after 6 months taking it) is occasional blured vision. Its not really badly blured, its kind of like when you start to feel quite tired and need sleep. It's not all day, maybe for like 2hrs a day on and off throughout. It doesnt stop me from doing anything so its all good smile

When are you taking the Diazepam? I also find that makes me sleepy. Happy to help further if I can.

• Posted

It's 9:38 I feel vague and I took 200mg at 7pm and my usual 0.5mg of clonazapam and 2mg diazapam, I need this drug to work but if I take more now I know it will make me drowsey and anxiety is high

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.