50mg of Quetiapine for verbally aggressive outbursts

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on Escitalopram since 15th December 2014 and I am now on Maximum dose of 20mg, I have recently started to get verbally aggressive outbursts and have been prescribed 50mg of Quetiapine to be taken before bed. Has anything had any experience with this drug and the verbally aggressive outbursts? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

James

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You never got any answers?  I started taking this drug for various things, anger included.  I was hoping there would be some other replies.
    • Posted

That's right Annie no one replied to my query and now I am up to 200mg taken at night, Not sure what is causing outbursts but GP has suggested I go to Anger Management but it's not Anger that I feel.
    • Posted

I searched thru other discussions for answers. It seems like most everyone has different experiencestyles but a common one is tiredness. I am using it to stop anger. I sure hope it doesn't backfire!
    • Posted

Good luck with the Anger problem, I hope the medicine works for you, take care and be safe.
  • Posted

Hi James, l started taking Quetapine 50mg 2 days ago and last night had a Anger outburst which to be honest really scared me, l've never felt such rage! The urge to smash up my flat neally overwhelmed me. I had to force myself to sit down and breathe slowly, if it happens again tonight l will stop taking this medication, l was diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder & ptsd last week.l wish l had some good advice for you but just wanted to let you know your not alone with the anger issues, l wish you well:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.