5weeks and 2 days and anxiety and shaking is worse today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on Fluoxetine for 5 weeks and 2 days, and today I felt my body shaking even more.... on Tuesday which was 5 weeks, I had what I though was quite a good day, but yesterday and today just seemed to take a turn for the worst, I travelled to my sisters which was 24 miles away, 1 bus and 2 trains, took my little dog for company, this normaly would not bother me, when I was well, but  it all seemed too much, I was so glad to get home.... I was one Fluoxetine many years ago, but they  never affected me in this way.... I feel drowsy, headache at times, more anxious and very low..... I know I am so much worse this time, I never greived for my late husband who passed 3 years ago until last year, which so much in my thoughts right now.... I feel right now I am never going to get to the fun loving person I was, and could cope with most things, no confidence...... I sometimes wonder if the Fluoxetine they make now have more side affects, or they just have harder job to do, cos I have been so much worse... I have no appetite, but make sure I eat something, as I have lost weight... I am so tired and worn down.... Can someone please enlighten me........ Hilary x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hilary,

I was also on flux abt 10 years ago and the side effects were not as bad as they have been on my second time round. I have been on flux for 7 months, but it took abt 6 weeks to kick in. I also had no appetite, cld not sleep, anxiety and panic attacks, no confidence etc... I am also taking Mirtazapine for anxiety and to help me sleep, but am tethering off them slowly. They gave me an appetite to eat, so have put the weight on I initially lost!! I feel great now, but I went through hell and back. So hang on there and give it a bit more time. 6-8 weeks. I take 20mg if fluoxetine and 30mgs of mirtazapine.

Good luck.

You will feel better soon.

Deborah

X

• Posted

Hi Deborah, thanks for the positive feed back, they gave me Diazepam to help with the anxiety, but only take half now a day, as I don't want to get hooked, I don't sleep well, but do sleep, that is probably my best time, not good in the day..... Hilary x
  • Posted

My daughter was on fluoxetine for around three years.

In that time she became manic, shaky, argued with everyone, in fact she changed into a totally different person.

I didn't know what to do, she was in her thirties, I took her to go and explained that she had rung me the night before and threatened suicide, she totally denied it.

It was a dreadful time.

Eventually, in one of her better spells, she decided to withdraw gradually from the drug.

That was two years ago. She now says she would never ever take that drug again, she felt as if her life for the three years had been a dream, feeling ill, still depressed.

Some of these drugs mess up your brain to the extent that you aren't even aware of.

Maybe they work for some people, but not for all.

• Posted

Hi Suzy,

So Flux did not work for yr daughter. We are all different. It certainly works for me. I feel stable now and just back to my old self.

D

• Posted

I have been there. I started out on Prozac at 10mg. I had the shakes and nausea also. The headaches, and really bad nausea finally went away I am trying to titrate off of Paxil that I have been on for 15 years. So now the Paxil is causing me bad withdrawal. I am at 45mg. I don't like to leave the house when I have to go to the doc. I've been like this since July of 2005, but just started the Paxil. Is it helping you any or just causing jitters? I've lost about 25 pounds. It's no fun.
    • Posted

My daughter and my sister do see an improvement, but maybe it's me being inpatient..... I am not sure whether there is more side affects to these tablets these days, I just need my confidence back.... I totaly agree, it's certainly no fun..... used to enjoy my food, but not at the moment..... That must be hard for you, coming off one tablet, while going on another, I know that problably won't help with anxiety to start with, so give yourself a pat on the back, you are doing well, and it will be all worth it in the end....... Hilary x

• Posted

I used to hate mornings. Night time was always more relaxing for me. You will get better. Just give it time.

D

• Posted

Hi there I'm sorry your not feeling good at the mo ! I've been on what you are on I must say they didn't work very well for me , that's not to say they won't for you.

What you must remember is we can't just rely on the pills it's a lot of how we think that helps also , although it's so hard to change the negative into positive when your feeling so awful I know .

Just stick with them you will slowly see some positive changes . You will get there , I'm on sertraline they have totally changed my life there amazing , maybe suggest them to your go if you still not feeling good xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.